This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
even more travel!
am really tempted to sell my kitesurfing kit plus my Whyte E-120 to fund a new long travel bike.

First of all, can I interest anyone in an a very well looked after almost showroom condition E-120?  ;D

Second of all has anyone tried a Lapiere Froggy? Considering that or an Alpine 160.
Froggy is overkill for the UK unless you drive round doing DH races all the time. Alpine 160 is very good, deadpool has one. If you want a Lapierre then the Spicy would be the best to go for but means buying a whole bike whereas you can get the Alpine as a frame only but still costs a lot. Buzz's Meta 6 was cheaper but probably a little heavier but thats not main issue I guess if you want long travel. Really comes down to if you want a single pivot, same with a rocker or a plusher more active ride, everyones different. Then of course there is geometry etc so if you dont know what you want suspenion, geometry and size wise like I did, find some demo bikes to try
yea the orange comes in a better size, the froggy seemingly either 'big' or 'small'. still you do get 20mm more travel for the same weight with the froggy though, can you really turn that down?
Yes if you care about geometry etc and not just about hucks to flat....
Love my Alpine, its a true AM bike.

DH one day XC trail the next.