This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marks Contour Hd on Vimeo
[media width=500]http://www.vimeo.com/6278373[/media]
[media width=500]http://www.vimeo.com/6279128[/media]

Need to strap the camera down more secure, will help the camera keep focus.
ah that actually streams, will watch fully later, got to rust out now. Yes about strapping it down, loop a tight cable tie through your helmet perhaps. I always thought my vholdr was bad shaking wise till I tied it down tight to the bike and it has NO shake at all. Looks quite dark there but at least doesnt go black and white like my older one which is a pain!
OT (sorry)
I borrowed (*cough* technical evaluation) a 'ViO POV1' helmet cam from work for the weekend, strapped to bash hat & filmed almost 2 hours at Bedgebury.
Had a lot of wobble which I think is my lid shifting, as I'm sure my head doesn't move that badly.
Can put some unfettled footage up if anyone's interested in it's output.
Yer will be your helmet as thats a good camera. Mine head mounted was BAD then much better if I did up my helmet straps so tight I thought I was going to die but still had some shakes. Cable tied it solidly to the frame and rock solid
ah its mounted to marks googles as hes wearing a full face,  so cant zip tie. Velcro mount i reckon.
Surprised he can do that as the weight of mine is quite noticable in the middle of my helmet let alone on the side and pulling on goggles! Most full facers have a couple of vents but if his doesnt there is a velco mount, mine came with one although it still wont hold it tight enough on its own sliding rails but will be a lot better
"Jay Dubster" Wrote:OT (sorry)
I borrowed (*cough* technical evaluation) a 'ViO POV1' helmet cam from work for the weekend, strapped to bash hat & filmed almost 2 hours at Bedgebury.
Had a lot of wobble which I think is my lid shifting, as I'm sure my head doesn't move that badly.
Can put some unfettled footage up if anyone's interested in it's output.

POST IT!!!! ;D Smile Wink :B
Just watched this properly, think to get best view you need to click the HD bit which opens a new window on Vimeos own site. Anyway, ignoring the shakes which were due to the mount, very impressed, much, much better than my first generation one, brilliant colours and the sound is better (always going to be tricky with wind noise). Would be great to see one with it strapped to the bike chasing someone so you get a better idea of the terrain as when riding in front with a helmet cam its tricky to see half the drops, you have to listen for them heh. The run looks nice as well and long enough as well, I look forward to going there at some point!
Just comparing it to mine here, not putting marks down as its a fantastic simple bit of kit but i do think mine is better quailty despite it only being SD. This is comparing Marks uncompressed straight out of the camera 90mb .MOV file with a 500mb DV AVI file encoded down to 90mb MPEG2 file, both of the same duration video. With the DV AVI file uncompressed mine is far better quality but obviously its a much higher bit rate. However marks camera is perfect for him as he doesnt need to mess about with encoding and its nice and simple.
I agree that my vholdr was stupidly overpriced but luckily work paid for it! My £100 digital camera was far better for video at a third of the price. Your Glentress ones didnt look as vibrant as Marks though and had some interlacing or scanlines I thought? Cant beat a bullet cam for quality but as you say, vholdr/contour are good because they are so small and all in one. His address's one main issue with mine which is the 2gig card limit but both could do with a larger/longer lasting battery