This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SQL Databases / XML blah blah....
Anyone on here clued up and a genius in the above?

Im currently looking into upgrading my online store etc, I can do the basics, but could be handy to have a guru to turn to, when Im in the doo doo......

(Im a poet......)  Tongue
My SQL & XML is a bit like my Del Boys' french I'm afraid....  bonnet da doosh, Rodney....  Mange tout.... :B
er.. so thats a no then?....

Well Ive found plenty of manuals and tutorials etc on what to do if things go wrong or things are not quite right, so going to crack on with my new site anyway.

Trouble is exporting/migrating 2000+ customers and order history over - probably wont!

New site software is LUSH though - anyone fancy starting an online bike shop? - this software will knock the big boys for six (and I mean it!)  Wink
"BMJBOY" Wrote:er.. so thats a no then?....

Well Ive found plenty of manuals and tutorials etc on what to do if things go wrong or things are not quite right, so going to crack on with my new site anyway.

Trouble is exporting/migrating 2000+ customers and order history over - probably wont!

New site software is LUSH though - anyone fancy starting an online bike shop? - this software will knock the big boys for six (and I mean it!)  Wink

I can have a chat with some of the bods at work tomorrow (all gone home now, part timers) and see if they know anything that will help?
[sub]Bike shop how about a Ay Up disti........  ;D[/sub]
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"BMJBOY" Wrote:New site software is LUSH though - anyone fancy starting an online bike shop? - this software will knock the big boys for six (and I mean it!)  Wink

Could be useful for managing all those memberships to Kents new trail centre.  Wink
Oh its way too advanced for membership management..... this is an all singing all dancing super-shop...

Its got wishlists, comparison thingamees, product reviews, all sorts.....

If its anything like the last time I built a online store, I'll get it 99% done, then some clever arse will come along and find a problem and then thats when it gets stupid....

I always like to be 5 steps ahead of the competition - so working on things now will now keep me ahead.
If it's anything like normal web site building it takes 1% of the time to do 99% of the work and 99% of the time to figure out the last 1% of the work.
The softwares already on a test server, its running, I just need to work out how everything works now...

I have a 209 page manual to read - give me something to do tonight as im not riding  Sad

Sod's law I'll get my products on, store looking good and then it will crash and die....... typical.