This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New rotor please
As you may or may not know, I've buckled my front rotor in a crash and need a new one.

I'm not 100% on size at the mo, but it's bolt on and avid branded for my juicy seven.

Possibly daft question, but do I need an avid rotor or will any do as long as the pad profile and size matches?

Any recommendations?
I imagine its a 160mm 6 bolt rotor, any avid or hayes rotor would be fine.
"Buzz" Wrote:I imagine its a 160mm 6 bolt rotor, any avid or hayes rotor would be fine.
It say's the size on the disc. If it is 160mm i would suggest going up a size to 185, as they are less prone to warping when they get really hot.
OK - Just been out to the van, I have a 185mm front, 160mm rear.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:OK - Just been out to the van, I have a 185mm front, 160mm rear.

Thats the perfect set up for the bulk of your riding...  get a new one ordered and come and ride tomorrow at BBH as i'm missing you... and all the other good people of Sketchy!!
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Wahay Nigels back - Missed you too buddy.

I'll borrow Blaynes 180 for tomorrows Ride, I'll be there, just at the back  Tongue

I'll have a hunt around for new replacement rotor - 185 Avid Cleansweep is £34.99 on CRC - seems a little steep? - or am I being tight as usual?
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Thats the perfect set up for the bulk of your riding...  get a new one ordered and come and ride tomorrow at BBH as i'm missing you... and all the other good people of Sketchy!!

Does that mean Mr Nut will be joining us
&quot;Laggingbehind&quot; Wrote:Does that mean Mr Nut will be joining us

Should be there...   the bike is working ok again now and i'm keen to ride so fingers crossed...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />