This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new bike dilemma
Went into Activ yesterday and saw the trek fuel bikes. Now here's the dilemma, the boss says I can have one when I can keep up with Andy on the big hill at Blean.

Do I;

1- train like mad if the vain hope I could one day keep up.
2- try and noble Andy in some way.
3- lie through my teeth and say I kept up, but seeing as I am the current sketchy broom wagon don't think she will believe me.

Any suggestions?
Simply explain that you would easily beat andy if you had a new trek bike, the current bike is not good enough for such demands!

Do what women do when explaining the price of shoes or bags, lie through your teeth!
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Simply explain that you would easily beat andy if you had a new trek bike, the current bike is not good enough for such demands!

Do what women do when explaining the price of shoes or bags, lie through your teeth!
She did go quiet when I read this out.
Excellent!
I'm very flattered guy's but Nick is way quicker than me up the hills these days.

Wayne- Just buy it.... What's the worst that can happen Wink  She's already given you the nod in princible, so just tell here that having a new bike will make you want to ride more, and so will get fitter and faster as a result Smile
Inside tip from my GF "Bribery" - Towards Andy
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
I'm open to offers, starting at a new S-Works Stumpjumper Wink
"Treehugger" Wrote:I'm open to offers, starting at a new S-Works Stumpjumper Wink

Best I could do would be my old bike
"leadbasher" Wrote:Best I could do would be my old bike

Ill tell you what you give me your old bike and ill tie the banshee to andy ... then you can race him!
Just pay andy to loose to you, if that doesn't work, just get him drunk......