This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLUMBER NEEDED
Does anybody in the Maidstone area know of a good reliable plumber? We need a new control panel fitted in our gas boiler and have so far wasted our time with 2 different companies who have been awful.

Currently without any hot water so its getting urgent now.

Cheers
Is this a plumbing job or a job for a sparks...  
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Sounds like a job for a sparky but a plumber could do it providing he has the relevant competency/certification.
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
I know someone who can do it.... If it still needs doing?
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
strange. I thought i had replied to this last night. Bloody windows mobile!!

The GF was recommended somebody and they are coming tomorrow morning. If they turn out to be as bloody useless as the first two companies ill be giving Leadbasher a shout as he kindly offered his services.

I am amazed at how bad the first two were. the first one was asked by our landlord to come having done thousands of pounds of work for him. He came, priced the job, had a cup of tea and a chat and said he would call and say when he would be back to do the work. He never called back so I called him. He shouted at me and put the phone down. All i said was my name! Nutter.

Second mob came out and charged 100 quid to tell me what was wrong. They then failed to turn up or return calls. Eventually we got hold of them and yesterday they were supposed to come and do the work but instead called me fifteen minutes after they were supposed to arrive and admitted they were never actually going to come. and then told me they wanted to do some more "diagnostics" at a cost of £100. Cowboys. I told them to f off.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow as its becoming depressing having to shower at the gym at 7am.
Keep us informed as i have a chap that will be able to help....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
cheers Lagginbehind, Pap and Nigel. This forum is a great!

The company my girlfriend contacted have already got one of the 2 boilers working. and they are fixing the other one on monday. So its looking good.

Next time ill just ask the forum from the start and save myself the aggro!!
&quot;Blackers&quot; Wrote:cheers Lagginbehind, Pap and Nigel. This forum is a great!

The company my girlfriend contacted have already got one of the 2 boilers working. and they are fixing the other one on monday. So its looking good.

Next time ill just ask the forum from the start and save myself the aggro!!

Big Grin tis the good thing about forums ... there is always someone ! From blayne for the hope stuff to plumbers and i think someone even got a job off here Big Grin
&quot;TooYoungToKnow&quot; Wrote:Big Grin tis the good thing about forums ... there is always someone ! From blayne for the hope stuff to plumbers and i think someone even got a job off here Big Grin

Hand?  Wink
Keep it foolish...
Blackers, when you find your good plumber, can you send him my way too, my hot water has decided to do a runner.  >Sad
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon