This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike thefts at Afan/Glyncorrwg ponds...
After reading on STW of all the recent bike thefts on campers during their stay at Afan/Glyncorrwg ponds i'm getting a bit worried about my bike. Myself and a mate are camping there soon, an although the car is alarmed and bikes can "secured" i'm still concerned about it. You would think that something would be done as this is surely the local source of income for many people living there? What do you guy's think about it?

Personally i'd rather stay in a b&b like we always have but a mate has other ideas!

Hugh
I would lock the bikes up inside the car with your best locks, if the car is alarmed and they do break in then im sure it would put them off.

Were camping in september and they will be going in a deadlocked van but ill still be taking my krypto new york d lock with me.

Post one STW

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/to...rrwg-ponds
2 things that annoy me most... theft and littering >Sad
got to be a bit mad to try and steal a bike when theres going to be nearly 20 of us there to kick the crap out of them.  Smile
They'll just wait until the beer takes effect and you're all blowing ZZZZs Big Grin
There will be at least 2 Vans with us, we can easily get all our bikes in both for security purposes.

Failing that, we bully steve to stay with the bikes night and day while we're down at the quiz night.