This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kings wood Thursday 6th November 7pm
Mrs skid and I will be doing a 2 hour 25kish ride of kings wood, meet in the main car park on whites hill to be ready to ride at 7pm. Dark nights winter mud fest here we come Big Grin
Yes yes yes yes, i've missed the Kings rides Smile
I work in Ashford, but never knew there was a ride to be had there.

Normally just wanna finish my shift & get back to Hastings but if there's a ride to be had I'm up for it in the future.

Won't be able to make it this Thursday but will definately be up for a future one, if you'll have an aging newbie along.
i'm prob gonna ride tues now, although I haven't ridden Kings in ages. Next week!
jonboy1066 Wrote:I work in Ashford, but never knew there was a ride to be had there.

Normally just wanna finish my shift & get back to Hastings but if there's a ride to be had I'm up for it in the future.

Won't be able to make it this Thursday but will definately be up for a future one, if you'll have an aging newbie along.

Yep kings woods one of the biggest foresty commission woods in kent meaning its legal to cycle around it, to get the most of it though it is worth having a guide for the first time, as its one of those places people get very lost in. More than welcome to join us, we do post some rides up on Sundays here or Thursday nights a regular one, Normally get back to the car park at around 9ish to end the ride.
Yep I'll be there!
Brilliant, cheers. Will have to keep an eye out, I work shifts and normally finish at about 19:15 or 07:15 so will watch out for some Sunday daytime rides to start with...

What's the fitness/skill level like? If it's a Sunday I'd bring along my son who's 13, pretty fit and keeps up with me on my 10½ mile Bedgebury rides with hi but I wouldn't wanna hold anyone up.
jonboy1066 Wrote:Brilliant, cheers. Will have to keep an eye out, I work shifts and normally finish at about 19:15 or 07:15 so will watch out for some Sunday daytime rides to start with...

What's the fitness/skill level like? If it's a Sunday I'd bring along my son who's 13, pretty fit and keeps up with me on my 10½ mile Bedgebury rides with hi but I wouldn't wanna hold anyone up.

pace depends on who turns up, normally post on the ride the rough distance and what sort of time it will take and most kings rides aren't big marathons but just a fun spin and giggles thrown in , people on here are pretty friendly and laid back so would be great to meet yourself and son on a the trails when you can make it.