This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's cracked...I think...my rights?
Hi guy's, well i think my frame has cracked after 2 months use...well i think it has...there are 2 hairline looking cracks through the ends of the weld on the lower shock mount. To be honest i've done light trail riding, i only weight 11stone and have in no way pushed the limits of the bike and i don't want another! It rides lovely but i can't have them breaking all the time! Can anyone tell me if i am within my rights legally to ask for a refund as it's so new?

Hugh
Well i hate to say i told you so..... oh what the hell, i told you so! Wink

As you know the same thing happened to Buzz and Deadpool's Meta's and they both had no problems getting them swapped, and eventually a refund. Where did you get it from?
I know hehe, at-least i've tried one now! I can't belive how serious their quality control issues are though! It's had little use really and any of that has been light!

did one/both of them get a full refund? I want to name the dealer for various reasons but it is one of the smaller commencal dealers. I'm gonna contact them tomorrow. Will hopefully get it all sorted pretty quick as i hate not having a bike!  
They both had quite a few free new ones as we all said on here when you asked and were advised not to get one........
"Breezer" Wrote:They both had quite a few free new ones as we all said on here when you asked and were advised not to get one........

I appreciate that some advised against getting one however i'm still glad i did...they ride amazingly. Just a shame about the "issues" which crop up. I took the risk as some owners have said they didn't have a problem. From the info i have found out i am well within my rights to get a refund, the guy who owns the shop i purchased it from seems like a good chap so hopefully he will sort me out!

Hugh
You would probably have a different opinion if it had failed completely whilst riding leading to an crash and injury. Not sure if you are entitled to a refund straight away as its been 2 months. You would need to prove that it was never fit for purpose which you cant as you have ridden it and they could argue you rode it in a way it wasnt intended for. Probably more likely that you will end up with a replacement one then another when that one breaks and they might finally give a refund after that. If the shop owner values your custom though he may refund you himself now and then sort his loss out with Commenceal direct.
"Breezer" Wrote:You would probably have a different opinion if it had failed completely whilst riding leading to an crash and injury. Not sure if you are entitled to a refund straight away as its been 2 months. You would need to prove that it was never fit for purpose which you cant as you have ridden it and they could argue you rode it in a way it wasnt intended for. Probably more likely that you will end up with a replacement one then another when that one breaks and they might finally give a refund after that. If the shop owner values your custom though he may refund you himself now and then sort his loss out with Commenceal direct.

Yeah no doubt i would, it was me being a bit "silly" really and i should have gone for something else! Fingers crossed for a good outcome anyway, it's not even got a scratch on it that i can see Sad A shame really but one of those things.
Hi Hugh,

what can i say................ i would insist that it is replaced with a 2010 model as Commencal have change manufacturers in the far east (i wonder why?) i got a rplacement frame but after that cracked as well i got a refund, but was told by my bike shop that i was lucky (through Madison UK commencal distributors) and Buzz got a frame upgrade to the Meta 6 (through his point of purchase Merlin). Its a shame because they do ride really well.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.
Yes that would be good if the 09's are all gone and you get a 2010 version as a nice upgrade. Buzz hasnt had any issues with his 6 that ive read about on here so hopefully the problems were isolated to the 09 5's
Ok cool, thanks guy's. I did read about the change of factory and change of parts of the design, both around the seat tube/top tube and the shock mounts....how convenient!

I will let you know how i get on!

Thanks

Hugh