This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London to Paris - Shameless Sponsorship Ask
As a few of you know Suzz & I are cycling London to Paris later this month (darkside machines).
We have 4 days to cover 300 miles or so.
We're doing it mainly for fun, but have each decided to raise money for charities of our choice whilst we're enjoying ourselves.
This is a privately organised event with a collection of friends, not one of the of the larger organised rides.  We are footing the costs of this ourselves, so all sponsorship goes to the chosen causes.

Suzz's is Project Rwanda - info here http://projectrwanda.org
Mine is a Help Kiran To See - info here http://www.help-keiran-to-see.com

Should you see fit to offer us support, monetry or otherwise, then please feel free to respond here & we'll galdy fleece you accept your support. Wink

Obviously, no pressure ;D
Have fun... and i'll see what i can do... 10p each ok
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Per mile, per crash or per lost incident? Big Grin
Per person.... i am willing to pay Suzz £££'s for some cakes and bars though...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Goes without saying we'll bring back & share what we can't eat in 4 days riding!
Anyone had updates on their progress yet?

Got a picture text from Suzz yesterday wearing a rather silly hat, looked like french houses in background, but not the 'eyefull' tower.

Just wondering how they're getting on so far & when they're meant to finish and return.
I know they made the ferry on Friday night. They are due into Paris today if all went to Plan. Home tomorrow so expecting to see Martin on the Wednesday evening ride... probably at the back using some excuse about being a bike for 4 days & legs a bit stiff  Big Grin Big Grin
&quot;Laggingbehind&quot; Wrote:... probably at the back using some excuse about being a bike for 4 days & legs a bit stiff  Big Grin Big Grin
Bloody roadies Big Grin Big Grin

Hope all's gone well & they hit Paris today then, thanks for the update matey.
Just had a text, they've arrived safe n sound in Paris  ;D ;D
I've just seen on the BBC website that eurostar has been suspended for a week*, better text them and tell them to start cycling back.  Wink

Only joking SteveT, no need to check.