This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Tailgate mounted 4 bike carrier for an estate.
Am after one of the above, prefereably a decent brand so i know it won't fall off Wink If anyone has one they are selling or knows of anyone/sees one elsewhere please let me know.

Ta.
If you want guaranteed "not falling off" security you're better off going for a tow ball mounted one. Get a removable towbar & you don't affect the appearance when you're not using it
Laggingbehind Wrote:If you want guaranteed "not falling off" security you're better off going for a tow ball mounted one. Get a removable towbar & you don't affect the appearance when you're not using it
Yeah that would be the ideal, but the cost rules it out at the moment. It will only have very occasional use, like maybe twice a year, so couldn't justify spending that much anyway, the rest of the time it's easy to put up to 3 bikes inside the car. And i will obviousely test out whatever carrier i get before driving anywhere. The trip i want it for, they are all sub 30lb bikes apart from mine at 32 (i think) and i will use extra straps.
I've followed loads of carriers with straps flaying around in the wind... remember even decent carriers will fail if they're put on by a dumpty :lol: :lol:
Laggingbehind Wrote:I've followed loads of carriers with straps flaying around in the wind... remember even decent carriers will fail if they're put on by a dumpty :lol: :lol:
Hope you're not insinuating what i think you are insinuating! :x Wink
Treehugger Wrote:
Laggingbehind Wrote:I've followed loads of carriers with straps flaying around in the wind... remember even decent carriers will fail if they're put on by a dumpty :lol: :lol:

Nope....just saying Idea
Laggingbehind Wrote:
Treehugger Wrote:

Nope....just saying Idea
I know mate Wink With that sort of thing, i am very anal about making sure everything is secure, and i'm sure i'll have 3 other people checking it too lol.
Nope....just saying Idea[/quote]
I know mate Wink With that sort of thing, i am very anal about making sure everything is secure, and i'm sure i'll have 3 other people checking it too lol.[/quote]

I'd also be a little concerned having nearly 60kgs hanging off the rear of my car Confusedhock:
is a saris bones 3 any good to ya mate ? the 1 I used to have on the rx8
Doo Lally Wrote:is a saris bones 3 any good to ya mate ? the 1 I used to have on the rx8
It needs to be able to carry 4 bikes.