This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HT suggestions
I might be getting ahead of myself here but IF my work do partake in the C2W scheme I'm thinking about one of these:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bikersbest.at/High%20Tech/images/bikepics/indianfiretrail.jpg">http://www.bikersbest.at/High%20Tech/im ... etrail.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Thoughts?

Other suggestions?
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Did i mention how much i love the orange crush ? or the orange P7 Big Grin
I dont offer advice anymore as no one ever listens but a few points, thats over 1k, normal C2W limit is 1k unless the company has paid extra to sign up for the extra tax allowance, that bike only has 100mm forks, I would go for a slacker angled 120/130mm thing if you really want a HT
Jaydubsters your man, his trek is effing gorgeous and on the c2w.
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:I dont offer advice anymore as no one ever listens

:'(

I listen Breezer. My brakes now work!
Going point Breezer... I do like that bike though.

I know a few guys with one and the only fault they find is the travel of the forks. It will be my new racing bike for Fowlmead and possibly other events so dont wanna go too high on travel... Though as long as it climbs well I dont care how long the travel is. Don't wanna be pushing a tank up every hill.
Anything you would suggest while we're on it Breezer?

What trek has Jay got?
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Hardtail? Cycle to work scheme? Lightweight? Hmmmmmm

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtbht/ht_Pro.html
Lot of money to spend on a race bike when that means only 10 proper uses a year, why comprimise the rest of the time? If you get something with longer forks that has low speed compression damping ie some Float RLC's, you can run less pressure and therefore have more sag if you want to steepen the angles for a race but then wind on the compression damping to avoid them being too soft and wallowy. The rlc's also have adjustable blow off similar to rock shox stuff so you can set them to auto lock out, useful for the climbs and they will open up automatically on the bumps.

Yes you cant do much better than one of them for a grand. In the past you could mod Rebas from 85 to 100 to 115 with spacers so theres a good chance you could do the same with the newer ones and mod to 120mm then do what ive written above or change back if you really want it as original for the races.

I feel I should make some sarcastic comment regarding your new obsession with light weight and how you have a 400000mm rear rotor on your GT but I need a drink of milk Smile
Ok just to clariy... The bike will be completely replacing my current HT... So it will most certainly get used! Commuting, training and racing.

I reckon 120 up front would do me nicely for a HT

I'm not obsessed with weight like some... Aka you  Big Grin but I would like something considerably lighter than my HR, and the right size for me. HR is fine when I ride standing up but sitting down for more than 10 mins gets abit cramped... Used to be fine, but then I got taller.

And yes although I have 180 on the back it feels no different to a 160 in terms of moderation. I can moderate it nicely instead of the slightest touch locking it
The Fox RLC's are nearly a £650 fork so may not be so accessible on a £1000 bike, you could always upgrade at a later date though like I did... if I remember rightly to upgrade from a R to the RLC is in the region of £250

Keeping on topic, I like the Marins & I like white bikes