This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Up & Over Garage Door Opener
I need to find a new home for an electric garage door opener like this one http://www.screwfix.com/prods/29522/Secu...CSTHZPCFFQ

It originally came from Screwfix about 3 years ago & has never been fitted.  It just sat in a garage collecting dust.
It's complete with the Canopy arm required for up & over doors & I seem to remember paying around £200 all in.

It's operated by a numerical pad that you fit externally, but can be upgrade to take a remote control as well.  There might even be one included, I'll have to check.

Anyway £50 collected from me or at a ride.

(Will be advertised elsewhere very soon!)
"Tinc" Wrote:Anyway £50 collected from me or at a ride.

(Will be advertised elsewhere very soon!)

How does that work then..... 6ft of Steel arm sticking out of your camelbak for 2hrs.. I fear it may be detrimental thro the singletrack  Big Grin Big Grin
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:How does that work then..... 6ft of Steel arm sticking out of your camelbak for 2hrs.. I fear it may be detrimental thro the singletrack  Big Grin Big Grin

Mock away, young man!  I have thought about this you know!
It's actually about 12ft long so would strap quite nicely along the top tube of an MTB.  I'll chuck in the required cable ties, too! :o
So we could all cable tie ourselves handles to it & you can pull us along, all for £50 split between all the hangers-on... I'm liking this idea, & you get to keep it... A win - win situation I beleive
Could you rig the arm up to my bike, and then when I need some power up Warren Rd, we deploy the arm as a pushing device?...

I feel a new invention coming on.....
Feel free, but the attachment will need to be secure.  Otherwise I fear the stored rod, once deployed, may well unintentionally slide free of it's restraints & approach your person from a rearward trajectory.

This may result in additional damage to your shorts (recently repaired) that I cannot accept reponsibility for. :o
"Tinc" Wrote:Feel free, but the attachment will need to be secure.  Otherwise I fear the stored rod, once deployed, may well unintentionally slide free of it's restraints & approach your person from a rearward trajectory.

This may result in additional damage to your shorts (recently repaired) that I cannot accept reponsibility for. :o

I cant have any more lower bosy exposure this year - once is enough, and the other outside that school that time was purely an accident...... :B