This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike stolen after cyclist fell off
A CYCLIST who lost consciousness falling off his bike awoke to find it had been stolen.

The man, who does not want to be identified, was riding along a cycle path in the Clock Tower area of the Malvern Hills when he fell off on Friday, September 4.

He lost consciousness for a short time and when he came round realised that his Whyte E 120XT 09 mountain bike, worth £2,700, was missing.

The bike was on loan from a company in Bristol.

The cyclist, who is in his 20s and from Malvern, said: “I was riding the bike and must have fallen as next thing I knew I was coming round and the bike was nowhere to be seen.

“I searched for it and returned the next day and looked again.

“I could see where I had fallen but the bike was nowhere around.�

West Mercia Police is now appealing for anyone with information about the theft to come forward.

PC Johanne Short said: “We would like to hear from anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area on Friday evening or someone riding a bike, matching the description given, away from the Clock Tower/North Hill area after the time it was stolen.�

The incident took place between 8pm and 8.50pm.

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 0300 3333000, quoting 579/N/040909, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.

What scum bags   Sad
Long thread on BR about it with lots of people suggesting that its a scam but I only read the first page. Not sure how demo bikes go but I expect you have to leave card details so if it was nicked you would have to pay unless of course you gave fake details....
"Breezer" Wrote:Long thread on BR about it with lots of people suggesting that its a scam but I only read the first page. Not sure how demo bikes go but I expect you have to leave card details so if it was nicked you would have to pay unless of course you gave fake details....

Yes i saw it on BR as well, thought it would be of interest as one of our memberrs has the same bike  Wink
I was going to say what an elaborate scam... the "Victim" must have thought that was the only way to get away with it.

Could be totally honest of course, but seems quite far fetched(?).

If it was me, I would say I was jumped/mugged by pikeys or something - which is a far more likely occurance.
"Deadpool2e" Wrote:A CYCLIST who lost consciousness falling off his bike awoke to find it had been stolen.

The man, who does not want to be identified, was riding along a cycle path in the Clock Tower area of the Malvern Hills when he fell off on Friday, September 4.

Not surprised, how would he explain that to his mates when they are admiring his New E120..
bike was described as having one previous owner, small scratch on side, selling due to accident & associated memory loss
Very dubious!  Would have much more credibility if it was his or he was found unconcious by someone else.  Really does smack of an insurance scam to me :o

If it's honest then I apologise profusely, but it just seems too unlikely.  The guy would have to be a victim of an amasing set of circumstances I'd think. Undecided
Its just a bit too dodgy sounding..... what world of a coincidience must have occured?

1 : Dodgy Bike thief lurks in the area

2 : Man rides along on brand new Whyte Bike (tasty!)

3 : Man conveniently passes out on the bike long enough for said bike thief to come in to nick it

4 : Man stays unconcious until bike, thief and NO ONE else was around.

Man than stupid enough to return the next day to "look" for the bike....!

Its a straight forward theft involving the hirer - simple.  Why are the police even wasting time pursuing it?

Surely its easier to give fake/stolen ID or simply mug someone for it.
Your a cynical bunch aren't you :Smile
You should all be ashamed. Could happen to any one of us. Have i told you about my new bike yet  :Smile
"NOT4ROADUSE" Wrote:You should all be ashamed. Could happen to any one of us. Have i told you about my new bike yet  :Smile
What about it... hasn't been stolen has it?