This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fat Tyre Freebie
Free to a good home:
barely used Specialized Pro Adrenaline 2.2" tyre

It's done about 50 miles as was too knobbly for my old hardtail & doubt the new one's got much more clearance.
It's folding, kevlar/aramid bead, 60 or 120tpi (can't recall) don't think it's front/rear specific, but anything's possible :o

First or most grovelling* post wins ;D
Jay.

*judge's decision is final, no postage required, texts may cost, mobile phones rot yer brain, something else, and err fish eggs I think. What was the question again alice?
A specialized Pro tyre...... I don't think you'll have many groveling for it, in fact everybody I know except Abzz has removed them / given them away... oh wait a minute, that sounds familiar  Big Grin Big Grin
C'mon Jay, where's your imagination. :o
If you give it away it's gonna spend the rest of it's life on a bike being complained about. :'(

Give the thing a chance.  Take it to the dump, they'll recycle (no pun intended) it & it can spend the rest of it's life as a playground floor or a flip flop or something else useful.
Why commit the poor thing to a pointless existence on a bike just because it happens to look like a tire Undecided
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:A specialized Pro tyre...... I don't think you'll have many groveling for it, in fact everybody I know except Abzz has removed them / given them away... oh wait a minute, that sounds familiar  Big Grin Big Grin

Well I am too noobie (= stupid?)to know the difference  :Smile, I had a set of Adrenalins on my first HardRock then when I got my RockHopper about a year ago that had new Adrenalines on and I rode through last winter with them and I brought a new set of Revolutions (look exactly same tread pattern as Adrenalins) when they wore out  :B They seem OK to me in the dry conditions like wednesday  Undecided
I may have it off you!
OK Guys I know there is a seperate tyre thread somewhere but quickly, what is the ace allround tyre for these parts then or if there is no allround one, best winter / summer for a fat bloke on a hard tail?
"Abzz" Wrote:Well I am too noobie (= stupid?)to know the difference  :Smile, I had a set of Adrenalins on my first HardRock then when I got my RockHopper about a year ago that had new Adrenalines on and I rode through last winter with them and I brought a new set of Revolutions (look exactly same tread pattern as Adrenalins) when they wore out  :B They seem OK to me in the dry conditions like wednesday  Undecided
I may have it off you!
OK Guys I know there is a seperate tyre thread somewhere but quickly, what is the ace allround tyre for these parts then or if there is no allround one, best winter / summer for a fat bloke on a hard tail?

Everyone seems to have a differnent preference to tyres ... i love my cinders which is why i bought a new one to replace the wrecked one
Both Tincs, I, Glen, & Kev all use Panaracer XC 1.8 Muds when the time comes. Nice thin tyre requirement for the sticky stuff & seems to work well around BBH.

Anyway, perhaps it was dark but you didnt look fat to me, short yes, but not fat  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Both Tincs, I, Glen, & Kev all use Panaracer XC 1.8 Muds when the time comes. Nice thin tyre requirement for the sticky stuff & seems to work well around BBH.

Anyway, perhaps it was dark but you didnt look fat to me, short yes, but not fat  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Thats cos I was holding my tummy in for 2 hours  ;D. Short ermmm yes guilty as charged!

OK then Panaracer XC muds for winter, what about now?
Im championing the Bontrager MUDX for Mud (obviously) they serve me very well and the choice of the proffesional  Wink

You need to be a looking for a tyre which handles wet roots and handles OK on wet leaves as Autumn is fast approaching, and we wont be able to see the trails for wet mulchy leaves soon! - which means some slippery fun (and Im not talking about the babes in baby oil wrestling I often like to watch)
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Im championing the Bontrager MUDX for Mud (obviously) they serve me very well and the choice of the proffesional  Wink

You need to be a looking for a tyre which handles wet roots and handles OK on wet leaves as Autumn is fast approaching, and we wont be able to see the trails for wet mulchy leaves soon! - which means some slippery fun (and Im not talking about the babes in http://baby oil wrestling I often like to watch)

BAN BABY OIL : STOP THE NEEDLESS SLAUGHTER NOW.
"redwinnie" Wrote:BAN BABY OIL : STOP THE NEEDLESS SLAUGHTER NOW.

Seen the advert like the Source ones? - it took 26 baby orphans to make this one bottle of baby oil.

Brings my skin up smooth like a babies bum though - I wont stop using it.