This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheddar Bikefest 2009
Back at home after the Cheddar Bikefest and knackered! Rode the 10 hour as a pair with a guy from work and had a right laugh, met some great people and managed to avoid any major injuries except for bending my front disc  :'(

Tough, 4km course with a lot of granny ring uphill climbing but an awesome if not scary descent which claimed more than a few riders and one lady inparticular had a large crash which caused the course to be closed followed by a few hours in casualty but managed to walk away with no broken bones in the end. Managed a measly 13 laps in 8 hours and 36 minutes which put us not quite dead last 29/30. That said I was riding with a partner with a swollen kneecap and we werent taking it very seriously! Not sure how the solo riders keep it up for 10 hours straight and only drop their lap times by a minute or two over the entire time. Inhuman.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Thought it was some kinda freaky cheese-bike-hybrid thing! *I'll get me coat*

Nicely done that man, shame ya disc buckled but hope the new one arrives in time for Wed's BBH mate.
Glad you beat another team too - does last place still have to buy everyone else a beer? Tongue
Hehe, thanks Jay. If they did, we missed out on the freebies!

Atmosphere was brilliant, really friendly riders even the pro (ish) teams weren't snobby and gave plenty of room and notice for overtaking which was nice. Only a few handlebar touching moments!

Campsite I can recommend to anyone Broadway House campsite, fantastic facilities, totally geared up for bikers, even down to bike stands at the toilet block! Immaculate showers etc and stuff to entertain the kids if you end up bringing any.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon