This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike Storage
Anyone else out there without a garage? If so where do you store your bike? Ive been struggling away with mine in the shed for ages and just panic everytime I go away for any period of time that it will get pinched, so much so that its lived in the lounge on and off and obviously causing some grief between me and SWMBO. I am planning on building a custom, double skinned shed at some point to provide some decent damproofing and security but wondered if anyone else had better methods...
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Use the kitchen instead like I do lol although its just me so I can do what I want. Wooden sheds will never be that safe, get a few more locks on, if its mounted on concrete which I guess it will be, get one of those floor anchors and then the best chain/lock you can to go through that and the bike

There are other options of inside, these sort of things, under £100 I think and get the bike out of the way but you still need it to be clean to avoid mess

resim

Or this cheaper home made solution

resim
Mine lives inside the house in a large cudboard, dont even have to take the wheels off.

Dont think i could keep it in a shed anymore.

When i lived at my parents house it was in a brick shed with a ground anchor and new yorker kyprtonite ulock on that and then a seperate cable lock round a pipe. Also covered a sheet over it.

I still put the ulock through the rear wheel now, so just incase someone does break into the house they cant cycle it off.
We dont have a shed or garage at the moment although hopefully will have small extension soon.  Both our bikes live in the front room behind the door.  Its not great but we dont have anywhere else to put them so it does for now.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
"Breezer" Wrote:Use the kitchen instead like I do lol although its just me so I can do what I want. Wooden sheds will never be that safe, get a few more locks on, if its mounted on concrete which I guess it will be, get one of those floor anchors and then the best chain/lock you can to go through that and the bike

Think thats going to have to be my option when my new shed finally gets built.
Thats a nice stumpy you have - my advice would be to leave it with me, ill take good care of it for you.  Wink
defo get a floor anchor, even if you have a garage.....

Get a "panic Alarm" put it on the inside of the shed door. so if anyone opens the door they get 100 decibels in the ear  Tongue
"dgw15" Wrote:Thats a nice stumpy you have - my advice would be to leave it with me, ill take good care of it for you.  Wink

Tempting offer, thanks! For now though I think Ill leave it in the lounge!!  Wink
you can get wireless shed alarms that sound a siren inside the house when the door is opened.

quick search on argos

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores...mit=GO+%3E

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/ca...001648.htm
[quote="Buzz"]you can get wireless shed alarms that sound a siren inside the house when the door is opened.

[quote]

Is it not just cheaper to insure your bike properly so you just get a new one if it's nicked ?