This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle Re-spraying?
Just thought Id ask on here.... as someone usually knows someone, who knows a man.... etc....

Anyone know of a decent vehicle sprayer? - im totally fed up with the scratches on my van - so looking for a recommended private sprayshop etc.
You could do it yourself with emulsion? I think thats the sketchy way. (sorry Blackers  Tongue)
Yer do it yourself heh although I wouldnt say my finish is the best in the world  Tongue   If they are only minor then one of those mobile painter people maybe able to blend it back in without a full on respray

resim
dare I even say "missed a bit" Breezer? (I'll get me coat)
Youve not seen my van close up have you?

The "morons" who removed the Help the Aged vinyl used a wallpaper scraper I reckon! - one side of the van is sh1te.

top tip : nver buy a van in the rain! - hides every scratch.

Im thinking of a new van next year, so would like to ensure my current one is sellable.

Just looking for someone who could do a "blow over" (if thats what they call it) but understand its not easy in these times due to the paint layers on modern vehicles etc.

Its a white van ffs, so cant be hard (and no Im not doing it myself)
"Breezer" Wrote:Yer do it yourself heh although I wouldnt say my finish is the best in the world  Tongue   If they are only minor then one of those mobile painter people maybe able to blend it back in without a full on respray

resim

Proof that indeed one cannot effectively polish a turd Big Grin
Jay: That was work in progress, yellow bits are filler primer!

No not had a good look at your van, quite big though so even a cheap blow over will probably be £500+ once you take into account rubbing it down etc, preperation is the key with painting
One side is OK - and I assume its a new paint job as the rain beads off it niceley even now, its the drivers side which looks like a ADHD kid with a penknife's been thrown at it....

Im thinking about having a full-on graphics job all over it  -its its cheaper than a re-spray!

Just wondered if anyone knew of a backstreet/home working kind of chap who's cheap.

(Double entrendres to yourselves please!)
You could have it vinyl wrapped...?

Alternativly sell it in the rain?  Wink
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:You could have it vinyl wrapped...?

Alternativly sell it in the rain?  Wink

Vinyl wrapping is about £2k - and the van beneath needs to be pristine (its not)

I will sell it in the rain, or hose it over like Im washing it when I sell it!!

The scratches are only in the panels where original signwriting was, so Ive had quotes on filling the said panels with a massive vinyl sticker/advert - which will work.

However, Im due to be splitting my workload across 2 businesses, so having 1 company branding on isnt ideal!

(and no I cant do one on either side!!)  Big Grin

so in short, no-one knows a spray-painter?