This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Hope Vision 2 LED Has Died
Hi Guys, don’t know if you recall but I was experiencing problems with my Hope Vision 2 LED on Wednesday evening, it keeps cutting out, only started playing up two days prior to the ride.

However, it went again the other night.  I also noticed that when I place it on charge, the green indicator light is visible, which means its fully charged, however I know it isn’t because it had been running for a good few hours prior to me placing it on charge and it started to flash which signals the battery is nearly out of charge.

So, I went to unplug it, and as I touched the wires near where the battery pack lead joins the charger lead (is a male/female connector) the green light flashed onto red which means it is charging – so I personally believe the connector on the battery side is faulty which is why its also causing problems with the light turning off….as the batter pack connects via the same attachment to the light unit.

I was a little worried as I purchased the light from a guy who had just started up his new online business last October, got his details from another forum…..

It was brand new and boxed and I paid £137.00 for it, at the time it was selling in a local bike shop for £200.00!!

I received the light the next day.

Edd was selling at cost back in October until he gains a reputation so he didn’t make any money on it….

Anyway, I emailed Edd (the guys name) late last night, this morning I receive the following email from him – he’s even offered to refund me any postage costs I may incur in returning it!

P.S.  If any of you guys require any more lights it may be worth phoning Edd first to see what price he can do them for, he is a really decent guy.

Hi Soni,

I've just spoken to Hope and they suggest that the fastest way to get it resolved would be to send it directly to them.  In order to do this you will need to fill in a returns from which can be found here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hopetech.com/database/1/HOPE%20RETURN-AFTERSALES%202.pdf">http://www.hopetech.com/database/1/HOPE ... ES%202.pdf</a><!-- m -->
and provide proof of purchase, I've attached your receipt.

The hope address is:
SERVICE/WARRANTY,
HOPE TECHNOLOGY,
FERNBANK MILL,
FERNBANK AVE,
BARNOLDSWICK,
LANCASHIRE,
BB18 5UX

and Hope can be contacted on 01282 818 413.

I am out of the country at the moment and I will be away from e-mail until Saturday night.  If you need to contact me for any reason phone me on 00971 566 043 075.

By the way if you send a receipt for the postage we will pay it back to you.

Hope that helps,
Edd

P.S. HOPE HAVE ALSO QUOTED A 3 DAY TURNAROUND ON THE REPAIR!
Soni - one thing for sure is that Hopes service and aftercare is second to none (not that Ive needed it) but several on here have used it, and its been handled well - one person on here has also had a light repaired for FREE way outside of its 1yr warranty when he bought it second hand!

Im sure you will get it sorted, or at least the problem found, very quickly by them..

Secondly, Laggingbehind who was on the ride with us is our resident Hope expert, pretty much all our Hopes are from him, and at cost I may add.

He's the expert, he maybe able to shed some "light" on the issues you maybe having.  Clearly is sounds like a battery or charger issue, so easily replaceable I imagine.

"Hope" you get it sorted soon enough for your next ride.

(Sorry for the puns!)
All Hope stuff went up in October by about 10% & thats when they started giving better discounts to the bigger sellers (& rightly so).  I sell them for £148 which is the cost price (inc postage to me which they charge approx £6:00) so working backwards 148-6 = 142... 142-137 = 5... so yep thats about the price increase.. phew, he gets them for about the same as me then which is always good to hear...

Anyway, send them back to Hope you'll have no issues with them repairing them. Like said previously you will need to download a returns form.

Unfortunately I cant offer a free postage service as I don't make anything on them. Any problems just give me a shout.

The only way to get them cheaper is to buy 10 of them, either style & they give you another 10% (off the trade price before VAT).  Thats a lot of outlay for a fairly small individual return.
I've heard nothing but immense praise for Hope service so far, and considering your light was on full pelt for over 2hours on Wed's night before it pooped, it sure sounds like just a connector issue.

If you get it to them now, it might be back in time for next wed's ride mate !!

Good luck with that, and really glad your vendor has come up trumps.
Have a great weekend Soni, I'll miss next week's ride but join the following one if you're about.
Jay.
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:Soni - one thing for sure is that Hopes service and aftercare is second to none (not that Ive needed it) but several on here have used it, and its been handled well - one person on here has also had a light repaired for FREE way outside of its 1yr warranty when he bought it second hand!

Im sure you will get it sorted, or at least the problem found, very quickly by them..

Secondly, Laggingbehind who was on the ride with us is our resident Hope expert, pretty much all our Hopes are from him, and at cost I may add.

He's the expert, he maybe able to shed some "light" on the issues you maybe having.  Clearly is sounds like a battery or charger issue, so easily replaceable I imagine.

"Hope" you get it sorted soon enough for your next ride.

(Sorry for the puns!)

Love the 'puns' mate, you really are a character!  What with the Everest thing the other day on the other thread! Big Grin
&quot;Laggingbehind&quot; Wrote:All Hope stuff went up in October by about 10% & thats when they started giving better discounts to the bigger sellers (& rightly so).  I sell them for £148 which is the cost price (inc postage to me which they charge approx £6:00) so working backwards 148-6 = 142... 142-137 = 5... so yep thats about the price increase.. phew, he gets them for about the same as me then which is always good to hear...

Anyway, send them back to Hope you'll have no issues with them repairing them. Like said previously you will need to download a returns form.

Unfortunately I cant offer a free postage service as I don't make anything on them. Any problems just give me a shout.

The only way to get them cheaper is to buy 10 of them, either style & they give you another 10% (off the trade price before VAT).  Thats a lot of outlay for a fairly small individual return.

Very good to know mate, thanks for the offer, very much appreciated, if i get any problems i'll give you a shout - thanks again!
&quot;Jay Dubster&quot; Wrote:I've heard nothing but immense praise for Hope service so far, and considering your light was on full pelt for over 2hours on Wed's night before it pooped, it sure sounds like just a connector issue.

If you get it to them now, it might be back in time for next wed's ride mate !!

Good luck with that, and really glad your vendor has come up trumps.
Have a great weekend Soni, I'll miss next week's ride but join the following one if you're about.
Jay.

Hi Jay, i enjoyed our conversations the other evening mate whilst riding, it took my mind off the punishing ride!

I will be taking the Hope to the post office tomorrow, however that won't get to them until at least Tuesday (possibly Monday if they have a Saturday post) but Hope quote a 3 day turnaround so i doubt if 'll have it back in time for Wednesday so it looks like i won't make next week either.....

I'll be back again the same time as you mate the following week by the looks of things...
Are you charging it correctly, i.e. plugging the battery into the charger before switching it on at the wall and switching it off before unplugging the battery? If you plug the battery into the charger with it switched on then you get the green light, and it won't charge.
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:Are you charging it correctly, i.e. plugging the battery into the charger before switching it on at the wall and switching it off before unplugging the battery? If you plug the battery into the charger with it switched on then you get the green light, and it won't charge.

Hi Treehugger, yeah definetely doing it that way around mate, plugging it into the wallsocket, then attaching the battery unit, then switching the switch on the plug socket on, it was working fine and has only recently started playing up, however when i wiggle the wire around the connection, the light flashes on each movement and turns to the opposite colour......
Defnitly an issue, hope will sort it no question.

Shame you won't get the kit back for this weds ride.

Unless you can blag a loan light??! Anyone?