This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop seatposts
any tried and tested 27.2 mm drop seat posts out there? Dont particularly need a bar mounted lever, just want it to work with no hassle and not break!
[quote="]any tried and tested 27.2 mm drop seat posts out there? Dont particularly need a bar mounted lever, just want it to work with no hassle and not break![/quote"]

Think the general view on BR (not my views!) is dont bother for a while ... Most are heavy expensive and unreliable
Gravity dropper is the only reliable one as it doesnt have air or bearings etc, its crude and ugly but works, would show you mine but just sold it to my friend. I think the only other 27.2 one atm is the cheap suspension post modified base Pure model which works ok
Breezers right, the only 27.2mm one thats relibale is the gravity dropper. There has been reports of lots of problems with the pure racing ones but then you only hear of the ones that go wrong right? The pure racing ones are well over half the price of a GD.

I would go for a remote lever.

My joplin hasnt missed a drop in 3 months and i use it regularly as you saw in surrey.
Yer ive heard about those bearing issues. Joplins seem to be getting better and should be fine as long as cleaned when filthy or not protected well enough with a inner tube setup. The Specialized one seems ok but not available in my size yet. If I was buying another I would only go for a bar mounted one. Under the saddle sounds fine and maybe on the lever ones its ok, GD was a bit harder to operate but either way I found I couldnt used it as often as I wanted in races or bumpy trails in general as you really dont want to take a hand off the bars completly!
My inner tube works perfectly, took it off the other day and the teflon lube i covered it in was still clean! Would be interesting to know if it would still be working if i hadnt of put the inner tube on.
Not sure why I just had this thought but I think it would be awesome if you cut the end off a condom and used one of them instead, think of the looks it would get, a yellow ribbed for her pleasure one perhaps lol.
"Breezer" Wrote:Not sure why I just had this thought but I think it would be awesome if you cut the end off a condom and used one of them instead, think of the looks it would get, a yellow ribbed for her pleasure one perhaps lol.

what flavour tho?
Keep it foolish...
Sorry, meant to say banana hence the yellowness although that might clash with Russ's green. Lime? Smile