This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decathlon
2 Litre Bladder for my Decathlon Hydration System.....£8. Camelbak bladder hanging next to it.....£25. Mine has never leaked, the mouthpiece works fine, its easy to clean and has plenty of room other gear. Is a Camelbak really that good?
Camel backs are great and last ages and are normally more comfortable...

That said i now have a wingnut... which i feel is better as it sits low so never bounces around and it doesn't hit the back of my helmet like other packs do... plus the wings come around the waist giving me easy access to the side pockets without having to take it off.... blooming expensive though...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
I don't see much difference in the bladders alone, although the camelbak I have has a nice lockoff and mouthpiece.

As for the bags, superb, my mayhem is just right and holds everything I need. A well thought out bag that will last years
My camelbak has lasted me 5+ years now, great value. On about the 3rd bladder though! Annoyingly I dumped the old one with the lock off valve, this one only has a squeeze one so 9 times out of 10 I fill it up, put it in the camelbak, place that on the floor with the bite valve under it....cue wet kitchen floor and bag grr

One hilarious ride I put it on and after about a 1 minute my back was wet. Thought it odd to be that sweaty so quickly. Took the camelbak off and did the bladder up properly  :B
As far as I can tell the equivalent Camelbak to my Decathlon Special is £50. Mine cost £12. Maybe I need to try a Camelbak but I really cant see that they could be that much better.

That said, MBNuts Wingnut is a seriously good idea. Being able to get to the side puches without removing the pack is handy.
from my experience, the camelbak bladders have a better coating on the plastic / use better plastic which means you don't get any after taste and that they are very unlikely to gunk up.  My camelbak ventoux is about 5 years old and still perfect although slightly mud stains on the outside.
Cant say bout the Decathlon bladders as I've only used Gelert which are cheap and cheerful and the Camelbak that came with my bag which is about 4 years old now.  My only complaint really is that cleaning the bladder is awkward sometimes due to the size of the hole.  I did have a link for a compnay that do a bladder with funny kind of zip pull type closure thingy ( Undecided) across the top end which looked very good.  
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
&quot;stayhigh65&quot; Wrote:I did have a link for a compnay that do a bladder with funny kind of zip pull type closure thingy ( Undecided) across the top end which looked very good.  

Steve has one of those - I had no idea how to close it when at Afan.

Its like a push zip closure and then you fold the top over to secure it.
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:Steve has one of those - I had no idea how to close it when at Afan.

Its like a push zip closure and then you fold the top over to secure it.

Yep fold the top bit down and then slide the plastic bit over ... completely locks it and you can turn it inside out for cleaning ! My only niggle is the bite valve

They are called Hydrobak i think ... cant be arsed to move to find it Big Grin
Thats the one, a friend of mine in the army had one and rated it but buggered if I can find the link.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been