This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted - 100mm forks
Hey all,

I'm helping a friend do up his old Orange Gringo,it's a 2000 hardtail and is in surprisingly nice condition, but the forks are utterly knackered. Has anyone got a set of 100mm forks languishing in their garage? Like, who even rides 100mm forks in these days of gnar?

Let me know if you've got something that might get this badboy up and running again...

Cheers
Keep it foolish...
I have some 29er forks for sale that are 100mm but I'm assuming they hadn't even dreamt of 29ers in 2000...
Damn, I got excited for a moment there
Keep it foolish...
I've got a pair of Manitou Black [Elites I think they are]... anyway they are the ones with the adjustable 90-120 suspension height. External rebound & lockout I also have a brand new set of the 3D decals for them which were like rocking horse shite to get hold of. Bought them for a project that never really got off the ground. Unfortunately not free though but open to offers
I've got some rockshox recons. They're all good, from my other bike that I'm looking to split. They're 120mm don't know if That's too much.
thanks Lagging and Psymon (I think 120mm may be too long for the frame, but thanks dude)

I should mention that 210mm of steerer would be ideal.
Keep it foolish...
alkali Wrote:thanks Lagging and Psymon (I think 120mm may be too long for the frame, but thanks dude)

I should mention that 210mm of steerer would be ideal.

Just measured, the steerer is 210mm, but you're more than welcome to try them out if needs be.

.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">2015-01-22 21.55.00.jpg (Size: 161.81 KB / Downloads: 38)

.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">2015-01-22 21.55.jpg (Size: 133.15 KB / Downloads: 38)
should be able to space the recon down to 100mm I think
Thanks all, fork search completed, he's found some rockshox elsewhere. Now to fit and fettle the old but sprightly beauty. It's like Joan Collins.
Keep it foolish...