This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conkers
It's Conker season, for the first time in about 20 years I played and whoa! is it extreme. A few days ago, what started out as a couple of games between 4 of us turned into an hour+ long session with the addition of a Spanish bird who had to be indoctrinated into the Way Of The Mighty Conker.  I picked up a few more yesterday, and once again a brief forray into the world of Conkers turned into over an hour of mayhem. I learned tho, this time I wore my 661 knee pads on my arm - no bruising for me  Smile

The Session was also recorded for prosperity using a super sexy HD Camcorder so there may be a HD super slow mo conker fest on line sometime soon...

It turns out that it is important to name your Conker, this adds vital strength. Favourite names from the season so far;

Bad Mutha Theresa - The Nutter From Calcutta
Ghandi
Harold Shipman
The Chocolate Avenger
El Diabolo
Neil Armstrong
William The Conkerer
Spruce Lee

Bad Mutha Theresa managed to break my screwdriver!

I have also attempted to make a bulletproof conker using a cunning mix of Araldite and chopped conker innards, placed lovingly into a hollowed shell. I shall report back on how this Badboy fares.
Keep it foolish...
I was reading on the news about some big conker tournament and they are getting strict on the cheats who harden them or use elasticated string etc

Maybe you should start a petition to get Mr Rascal to re-record his Bonkers song with a minor change Wink
i will have the good sportsmanship to tell potential opponents of my battlehardening actions. Bring it on...
Keep it foolish...
Superb - takes me back a few years!!

Love those names
You missing the riding Mike, with lots of time on your hands