This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike Cleaning : Fenwicks Concentrate
Anyone here use, used or have Fenwicks Concentrate?

Just doing the whole "what cleaner" thing in my head.....

I "was" going to buy 10 litres of MucOff online, but the website doing the deal has now stopped doing the offer (b*stards!)

You maybe asking yourself : "Why is this notorios tightwad asking us about premium branded cleaners".....

Well....

So far, MucOff (for all its misgivings) is the only cleaner SO FAR to not stain my lovely black bike with water marks, streaking and residue.

Everyone knows I was on a crusade to find the real alternative, but Ive gone full circle - Virsol came close, until I found it ate my paintwork on my XTC.

Just wondering if I should try 1 Litre of Fenwicks???
Fenwicks Concentrate is excellent and good value....

Now I know a few of you that know me will be thinking ... hold on , ole Mbnut is a lazy git and never cleans his bike.... well thats true but I do have some errr cough roadie friends that use Fenwicks on there 6 grand odd bikes so it must be good....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
i use Fenwicks Concentrate, i put about a quarter in a old muc off spray and add water. works just as well IMHO.
I don't know why I asked as a I bought a litre of fs1 about 20mins after posting!

Damn my impatience! I'm just too eager (ask mrsboy!)

it's via wiggle, so ade should earn of of 20p! Every little helps ay.

It it doesn't streak or cloud my black paintwork then it's a keeper as certainly cheaper than mucoff
also if you use it neat its a good degreaser.
So basically you wasted 47 minutes of my time when you were PM'ing me about muc off and where to get it? I will charge you for that.
I use virosol for that, just brush it on, aggitate(sp?) it around, then rinse off, can see your face in your mech afterwards.

The original purchase of Virosol was that it was "supposed" to be Muc-Off when diluted 50:1 - but its just too strong!

Theres no way Im even going to test it on my TranceX.

One capfull in approx 3litres of water still managed to leave a permanant lighter streak on my XTC!

Its a biodegradable citrus degreaser, but mega strong.

Anyway, Fenwicks will be here at some point, the test its truly on! - Although still gutted I couldnt buy 10ltrs of Muc-Off as I know that works (much to my "Anti-brand" annoyance!)
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:So basically you wasted 47 minutes of my time when you were PM'ing me about muc off and where to get it? I will charge you for that.

No I didnt waste your time, as I had card in hand to go to that site, and theyve stopped the offer.

Thanks, but not your fault they withdrew the offer! and I therefore refuse to spend £20 just for 5 litres!

£8,99 for Fenwicks FS1 Concentrate makes 11 Litres - so worth looking at.

Perhaps I can report my findings to the ranks at IMB for a bit of content, the amount Ive tested, Ive sure got some experience in them now!
I use the Hope sh1t shifter if anything at all. Normally just a hose pipe
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:I use virosol for that, just brush it on, aggitate(sp?) it around, then rinse off, can see your face in your mech afterwards.

I use virosol in my chain cleaning tool, its good stuff. just make sure you wash it off quick.