This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Language
Just a quick one....

Those that know me will know that I know more swear words than 3 irishmen so its not that i'm adverse to the use of expletives, especially when used as adjectives.... but I do feel that it is inappropriate on an open forum and whilst there are no fully formed swear words the use of stars does not really cut it.... I for one would like to see more young and female members on here(ok I meant young female) and i'm not sure some of the language i've been noticing of late is doing us justice....  

All of the above is of course just my humble opinion...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
I second Mbnut's comments.  It has got a bit too sweary on here.
So far we have only about 5 female members and (to my knowledge) 2 under 18's.  As it stands only 2 of the female member have taken the plunge and met us and only 1 of the under 18's regularly rides with us.  This may only be coincidence, but let's try to chill a bit and stop sounding like a seedy men-only bar.

p.s. in the event of flaming, this thread WILL be locked Tongue
There was a time either last week or the week before I felt the same way about a few of the Avatars... I notice these have all been revised now.. Maybe its my age, but I felt it all became very seedy for a few days.  ;D
&quot;Laggingbehind&quot; Wrote:There was a time either last week or the week before I felt the same way about a few of the Avatars... I notice these have all been revised now.. Maybe its my age, but I felt it all became very seedy for a few days.  ;D

+1 the MODs spoke to those concerned and all should be ok now. If anyone has any fears/concerns about the site please PM a MOD so we can deal with it.

MODs are

Myself (deadpool2e)
Buzzlightyear
Impished
Pittpony
Treehugger
Bmjboy