This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FS: Road Bike (tis not mine!)
A mate of mine at work has a road bike, apparently it's a Trek 18 (pronounced one eight, not eighteen). But I can't find a picture of one.

Anyway, it's by no means old, think less than a year, Green and White, light as sin. As far as I can see it's spotless and looks similar to this:

resim

Size would be a large as he's a similar height to me.

Will throw in SPD shoes size 11 and a size 8-9 pair if needed.

£620 wanted

Go on you closet roadies, you know you wanna....

(Even I would buy it, but I think it's gorgeous so I would)
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Size?
Components?
Frame details?

Anything....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Size?
Components?
Frame details?

Anything....

Size large
Going by the age of it... Top spec, looks all good to me
Frame, very light, good nick

Still waiting for a reply from him about details
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Too big... i'm looking for a carbon road frame should anyone have one....
PapaSmurf, you say its green and white?  Sure its not the 2009 model 1.5?  I have that one, i'm no Trek expert by any means, however i'm not aware of that many green bikes made by Trek other than the 1.5, there were a few Cannondales though.....i know how few bikes there were in green as had a job to find such a nasty looking colour! Big Grin
&quot;BorderCollieSam&quot; Wrote:PapaSmurf, you say its green and white?  Sure its not the 2009 model 1.5?  I have that one, i'm no Trek expert by any means, however i'm not aware of that many green bikes made by Trek other than the 1.5, there were a few Cannondales though.....i know how few bikes there were in green as had a job to find such a nasty looking colour! Big Grin

It may well be, but when I asked him what it was he said 1 8 so I can't really question in. But yeah the colour is abit odd.
I personally think it's really nice though.
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Too big... i'm looking for a carbon road frame should anyone have one....

I know Planet X were knocking out Full carbon and DA g/set bikes for £800. The reason is that some of my VAT colleagues presented them with a rather large bill, and Planet X had to get alot of money quickly.

A mate of mine bought one and is well chuffed.
&quot;Papa Smurf&quot; Wrote:It may well be, but when I asked him what it was he said 1 8 so I can't really question in. But yeah the colour is abit odd.
I personally think it's really nice though.

Yeah if its the one i have, i love the colour, not everybodies choice though, as when i went to collect my bike from the shop there were a couple of blokes looking at it and they said they are still trying to get their eyes used to it!
&quot;Longjon&quot; Wrote:I know Planet X were knocking out Full carbon and DA g/set bikes for £800. The reason is that some of my VAT colleagues presented them with a rather large bill, and Planet X had to get alot of money quickly.

A mate of mine bought one and is well chuffed.

Going to look this up... where would i find em
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Too big... i'm looking for a carbon road frame should anyone have one....

Check out Wilier, (Bike Warehouse, Faversham) if you want a really really SMART FULL CARBON road bike......Errrrrrrrrr....there really lovely for errrrr...... not getting muddy....... :B......but they do go very very fast in a straight line on tarmac!  :o