This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MTB Clipless Shoes
My beloved Specialized BG shoes are nearing their end of life soon, much comfort and stability has been offered by these shoes and Im reluctant to see them go........

However, like all good relationships, they come to an end at some point, and being male, Im looking for a younger model which is better looking and less like to give me aggro.... Wink

Just wondering what the ideal spd shoe is at the moment at less than £100?

Wiggle are practically whoring off of the DHB M1 shoes at £46.99
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_M1...360033176/

Theres also the Spesh M076 shoes (not bg   Sad  )
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...elID=31536

Im pretty much alarmed that simialr shoes to what I have are now 3 times the price!  :o

Any feedback/advice/recommendation would be welcome (even Breezers!)  Tongue
I bought Shimano R076 and M076... they are good imho
I got shimano DX, good year round shoe.
I use Shimano M122 Limited Edition in Black. So far they seem very good, although I am not sure how they will fare in the winter. That said I have Sealskinz socks too.

I got the shoes from Merlin for £55 but I see they have none left now.

Previously I used a Nike shoe which had ankle protection. They were superb and lasted for about 5 years.
I have Shimano MT31 shoes which while not the most attractive, lightest, blingest shoes you could have they are seemingly bullet proof, comfy and are now 3 years old with no sign of dying yet.  

Bargain for £35  http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/110383.html
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
That's what I was using but got fed up with getting numb toes and having to faff with muddy laces, so went velcro.
I have the Spesh BG shoes and had a pair before these and cant fault them, the newer shoes with the ratchet strap just makes them even more comfy as you can get them just tight enough without cutting off circulation - think the Comp shoes are £45?
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:I have the Spesh BG shoes and had a pair before these and cant fault them, the newer shoes with the ratchet strap just makes them even more comfy as you can get them just tight enough without cutting off circulation - think the Comp shoes are £45?

Thats the ones, I really dont want to deter from BG shoes, I love mine, but I dont want a ratchet as fear that would break within a year - velcro all the way for me!

Dont go much on the red grips though!  Sad
The quality of the ratchet looks pretty good, IIRC you can replace it should it get broken.

How bout these?

BG Shoes
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:The quality of the ratchet looks pretty good, IIRC you can replace it should it get broken.

How bout these?

BG Shoes

Why didnt I find these before? - yes, those are what I want - I think these are last years version, but thats the stlye I want.

I believe the 2010 version is ratcheted and with red grips, which I wasnt keen on.