This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Llandegla
Went to this trail centre last Thursday, on the way home from Manchester. Starting with the carpark, its pay and display was £4 for the day. There was the usual trail centre building which housed the cafe, toilets, info centre and bike shop. The cafe prices were not too bad and the food was average. Heading out on to the trails, there were three; blue,red and black. They all started at the same place, up the same fire road climb. About 100m into the climb, they have opened a small Skills Area. There was a  20m technical climb, small berms, big berms, small jumps/table tops etc. Once at the top of the main climb all three trails go the same way down. About 200m down, the red route splits to the left, we did not do the blue route. Along the red route, the black route branches off then rejoins the red route in various places. Nothing on the black route was very scary, mainly jumps, table tops (nothing over 3ft high, no drop offs, all could be rolled). There were some short steep climbs on the route. The track surface is compacted rocks, good all year use but if using a hard tail will take your teeth out first! There are a couple of board walk sections; one is about 2ft wide  by 20m long, rises to about 12ft high and rolls out the other end, but could be jumped off. The other section I came across was slightly up hill, about 100m long but made out of round logs of various diameters. I found this hard to maintain momentum  on and walked half of it. Overall the trail is not too taxing. It reminds me of, dare I say, Bedgebury but with bigger climbs, no gravel on the bends and bigger views. There is a fourx/slalom track being built to be opened soon. I would go again but only if passing, not worth a special trip. oh nearly forgot but there is also a skill school on site. Which I think it is well suited.
Did you ride the Red....    I found tha Black to be very fast and fun.....  
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
did the black /red as the black were extra loops added to the red it was fast and flowing in sections just found various bits of it lacking but there again my shoulder was starting to hurt alot by half way round.
I found llandegla awesome! Very flowing, in some places you could do a couple of pedal strokes and that would be all that was needed! Admittedly the black run is more of an Afan Red but i enjoyed it more Smile
Well worth a visit if your planning to go to North wales!