This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Helmet?
Last night, I was having terrible issues with my Helmet..... oh yes, and no prison talk.

The internals seem to have given up - the tightening pastic internal headband which tightens up keeps coming away from the main helmet and therefore, everything just flaps about.

Felt a bit stupid during the final flows of fast ST as I had to keep holding the helmet on my head to stop it dropping forward.

Its a Giro Hex by the way.
resim

I guess Im in the market for a new one....

Any suggestions?

To be honest, its a good helmet, at the right price, so might just buy the same, but open to suggestions.
Id be interested in the outcome of this, quite like the look of yours from a light mounting perspective as I need to stick little velcro bits on so having more air vents than helmet actually doesnt help me out.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Its been a great helmet TBH, and I think it was less than £40!

Washed it today, and noticed the internal popper holding the left side in, is totally shot and useless.
Im vaguely in the market as my padding has all but gone now inside and isnt the most comfortable for long periods. Its served me really well but I feel its time for a change seeing as my birthday and xmas are fast approaching. The hardest bit I find is finding a shop that stocks a decent enough selection to try on a couple to see whats the best fit.
I just got one of these although mine must be an older one but was in a 2009 box, £40, these must be 2010 or something as more http://www.evanscycles.com/products/spec...ery=tactic

Came out well in some recent mag test, fits quite nice although theres more plastic in the rear restraint than my old Met which you notice plus the front pad isnt as big and it doesnt cool as well as my old Met whatever it was however that was massive and made me look even more silly than I do without one. This will do for the winter, especially for what it cost, I can always get a more expensive/better cooling one for the summer if I need to.
Just had a look around, here some which take my fancy, hopefully you can see the style Im after:

Uvex Supersonic 2009
resim

Met Veleno D 2009
resim

Giro Athlon 2009
resim

Giro Hex 2009
resim
Oooo liking the uvex one. Is that what Nigel had on yesterdays ride? Looks similar if not.
I think it is you know now you say it - not that Im a "helmet watcher" !  Big Grin

Luckily im at the cyle show tomorrow, so might get opportunity to try a few on........

The Uvex is nicely priced too - might have to try Nigels on (before a sweaty ride of course!)
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Luckily im at the cyle show tomorrow, so might get opportunity to try a few on........

Thats a good point, I didnt think of that. I shall also be on the lookout now!
The fox flux helmets are quite nice! Mines very comfy and stif were doing a deal at around £45.