This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend me a good bike WELL STOCKED bike shop  
Alright guys,

Can anyone recommend me a good bike shop in Kent, I don't care if its a drive away. I went to the one in Paddock Wood with 800 pounds in my wallet ready to finish my jump bike and found it dissapointing, its about 30mins drive away and I rang up yesterday and asked if they had a mono mini in stock and they said yes, got there today only to find out  that it was not a mono mini but  a tech x2 so a wasted journey.   As for everything else  I needed they didn't have or were not particulaly interestied in selling things to me, but they were interested in a stupid video.

So basically I want a bike shop which carries a good selection of kit and knowlagable staff, where does everyone go?
Personally I like senacre cycles in Bearsted ( I think Soni will back me up here). Not the biggest shop but very friendly and helpful, in my experience. As you did before though I would certainly phone first.
best one in kent is probably wild side in tonbridge

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wildside-online.co.uk">www.wildside-online.co.uk</a><!-- w -->
[quote author=]best one in kent is probably wild side in tonbridge

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wildside-online.co.uk">www.wildside-online.co.uk</a><!-- w -->[/quote]

Wilside is Tunbridge Wells i believe. Great shop although ive not been there for a fair while.

I use Tri The Bike Shop in Gravesend. Or Larkfield Cycles. Both well stocked as far as I can tell. Always call first though.
I've used Downland Cycles in Canterbury for ages. Really nice bunch of guys (and gal) and they have a lot of good stuff in stock including Hope, Chriss King etc. I think i saw a mono mini in the cabinet the other day, but not positive. Their number is 01227 479643 if you want to give them a try.
Disagree, Wild side being my local shop (5min walk) has been pretty useless in the majority of occasions, they are more roadie based now.

Bromley Bike co is a good one.
downlands is my closest and no matter what it is i am after they never seem to have it, tires, tubes to fit 2.35 tires, lock on grips, decent stems..... that was my last 4 trips there.

wild side has been pretty good with parts, stems, bars, grips, double chain rings, cassettes.....

truth is the best shops are usually the online ones when it comes to shopping for spares/parts.
Dont get me wrong, wildside is alot better than alot of shops. Downloads never had much in stock either whenever i went in there, good for servicing and bits like that.
&quot;Buzz&quot; Wrote:Wild side being my local shop (5min walk)

I didnt realise you were a T Wells resident Buzz. I used to live and work in T Wells. Had a great flat above Courts (which became the Litten Tree) in the mid nineties. Quality times.  Smile
[quote author=]downlands is my closest and no matter what it is i am after they never seem to have it, tires, tubes to fit 2.35 tires, lock on grips, decent stems..... that was my last 4 trips there.

wild side has been pretty good with parts, stems, bars, grips, double chain rings, cassettes.....

truth is the best shops are usually the online ones when it comes to shopping for spares/parts.[/quote]Yep agreed some bits they don't normally do, but things like tyres, stems, bars etc i always buy online anyway, which is much cheaper.