This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merida Brass Monkey Enduros
May be of interest to some on here, upto 4 hr Enduros, £19 so under half the price of that Muc Off one, all up around Farnborough and run by the Gorrick people so will be good

29th Nov, 28th Dec, 31st Jan

http://www.meridabrassmonkeys.com/index.html
I saw this in an email from another site the other day and had been considering going in for it.  All I need to do is convince my manager that I have still got some holiday left  Wink

I've not done an enduro before so had been thinking of going for the 2hr for the first round and then maybe look at moving up to the 4hr depending how I get on.  When i go out riding its generally for 2-3 hours and between 20-30 miles.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Well I finally managed to get myself organised and have entered the 2 hour group for the first round.  I've never done any events before so thought it would be better to finsh thinking I could've done more then die hideously and not finish.

Is anybody else from here thinking of taking part?
I will be doing all three (assuming nothing goes wrong). Got Bordon this weekend so will see how that goes and hopefully enter the 4 hour categories. See you there!!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
As long as i can swing the time off for the christmas round I'm aiming for all three too.  I've been thinking about doing some enduro's for a while and thought this would be as gooda place to start as any.  Is Bordon the Pronghorn one?  I looked at that one but couldnt get time off for it Sad
Yeah thats the one. Bit nervous about it to be honest, not done a solo enduro before so have no idea how I will do! 4 hours suddenly seems like a long time! Im aiming for not last, and 5 laps.  Smile
I've not done any enduros before but normally when I go out riding its between 2-4 hours.  I'm hoping to get round in one piece and wish I'd gone for the 4 hour instead lol.  

5 laps seems fair, its funny how it seems longer when you put it in the context of an event  :o
I'm sure it will feel like a lifetime. When I did the Cheddar 10 hour as a pair it was so depressing when the solo guys were lapping you twice in thetime I was doing one lap! They only dropped 5 mins over the entire 10 hours. Scary fast!
"treaclesponge" Wrote:I'm sure it will feel like a lifetime. When I did the Cheddar 10 hour as a pair it was so depressing when the solo guys were lapping you twice in thetime I was doing one lap! They only dropped 5 mins over the entire 10 hours. Scary fast!

I'm sure you will do very well mate...   forget the top level guys... its all about pushing yourself...and turning over the other sketchy guys of course!!
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;stayhigh65&quot; Wrote:Well I finally managed to get myself organised and have entered the 2 hour group for the first round.  I've never done any events before so thought it would be better to finsh thinking I could've done more then die hideously and not finish.

Is anybody else from here thinking of taking part?
You will be fine, usually general rides are 2-3 hours, so that puts it into context!  There are 3 major considerations for enduros IMHO...

1.  Adrenalin - it will be pumping like mad, so AVOID the temptation to hoon off like a loon to completely 'bonk' an hour or so in....much better to pace yourself & if you are still feelin great, push the last 30-60 mins to the limit!

2.  Hydration - if you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated, so make sure you keep sipping your drinks...

3.  Food - ensure you have plenty of food that keeps your energy levels high & can quickly give you a boost....sketchy bars are particularly good for this (note to self....start a 'Cook with Cupcake' thread of tasty, nutritious CAKES!  ;D)

4.  Nothing new - now is not the time to test new kit or try new energy gels & drinks - go with what you know (stuff you are not used to can give you terrible terrible cramps & wind!!!)  :o
Oh!  Thats 4 things.....
5.  Have a lot of fun!!!