This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waterproof trousers?
I'm after some waterproof trousers made from eVent material, but simply refuse to pay £104 for Endura's. Dose anyone know of anything for sensible money?
There are these here for £77:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_Wickham_eVENT_Waterproof_Trousers/5360037017/

The reviews on the site all seem to say that they are very good at keeping the rain out but the fit is a bit controversial  Undecided
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Yeah i saw those, but ruled them out because of the fit. I would have to get a L for the length, but i am a 31-32" waist, so they would be round my ankles as there are no belt loops. What were they thinking!
I have these, water hasnt gone through yet although not ridden in monsoons or fallen off in puddles. I had to get my normal xxl as so overweight plus the smaller ones were too tight on the knee's. These ones are a little but may be ok for you, can always send them back for refund

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...delID=9273
I'd looked at those myself, how do you find them, are they crisp packets for your legs?
Not sure what you mean? I was impressed with them, they have a couple of dodgy seams which I found the one time I only wore underwear under them but no issue if you wear cycling shorts. Only prob for me was they are a bit tight round the knees. Still find to ride in just could do with being a bit looser there. Most online places offer free returns (you pay postage) so worth a try and cheap
Quote:are they crisp packets for your legs?

I meant do they make you sweat mercilessly?  I have an Endura Convert  jacket which is good at keeping the rain out however doesnt breath at all so I get just as wet through condensation/sweat build up.  I'd like the option of having something waterproof but as yourself kinda baulk at paying a ton +  Undecided
They will make you hotter, all waterproofs will, I didnt find them too bad but I only really wore them when it was totally soaking, rest of the time a rear crud guard did the job. They are cheap. You can pay £100+ if you want and they will breath a bit better but not that much...  can get 3/4 lenght ones if you want something inbetween, come down to midway between knees and heels so a bit cooler or even waterproof shorts but im sure some water must go up the leg openings
Personally I would prefer 3/4's as a compromise.  I've always found Altura stuff to be good value and had considered the waterproof Attack shorts however their a short short as it were lol
I have the eVent 3/4 from Endura and they are perfect for UK riding. Very breathable and wind proof and my liners from my Humvee shorts click into them as well.