This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tools at Aldi
Ive just had a quick squint through the forthcoming Aldi Special Buys for the next few weeks.

Theres a tools special coming up and there looks 2 very fetching Allen Key/Torx sets on their way - both in hard briefcase type sets.

Obviously almost all adjustable items on bikes use an Allen Key or Torx bit - so if you are looking to increase your toolkit or just starting out - these look ideal.

The mose expensive kit is a T-Handled set for £14.99 - so a bargain.

I have a similar T-handled set, and they work brilliantly.

Work a look I reckon.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Ive just had a quick squint through the forthcoming Aldi Special Buys for the next few weeks.

Theres a tools special coming up and there looks 2 very fetching Allen Key/Torx sets on their way - both in hard briefcase type sets.

Obviously almost all adjustable items on bikes use an Allen Key or Torx bit - so if you are looking to increase your toolkit or just starting out - these look ideal.

The mose expensive kit is a T-Handled set for £14.99 - so a bargain.

I have a similar T-handled set, and they work brilliantly.

Work a look I reckon.

Do you have a link to the info??
Theres no link to them specifically, although the offer starts on 11th Oct....

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/Off...nday09.htm

I have a catalogue/flyer with ALL the tools on, the Allen/Torx stood out a mile as a good bike purchase.

I'll try and get a photo of the page or something.....
cheers i could do with a torx set.
Here we go:

Sale is 18th October....

T Handle Set:
8 Bal an dHexagon Keys / 8 Torx Security Keys
£14.99

71 Piece Bit and Hex Key Set
£6.99

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Both look pretty good!
but are they made of Cheese?
"Jay Dubster" Wrote:but are they made of Cheese?

Probably not, they look much the same as my set I got off ebay - they should work fine.

Theyre no Snap-On or Teng tools by any means, but they'll work and add to anyones tool set.

Your 5mm allen tool will get a beating obviously as I think most bolts are 5mm on a bike - my set are still going strong.

Worth a punt - Im going to get the £6.99 set as its in a handy size case as I dont need the t-handle set.
Yet more evidence of how Kent was founded by and predominately populated by pikies
"Breezer" Wrote:Yet more evidence of how Kent was founded by and predominately populated by pikies

Care to elaborate on that if you are calling me a pikie?     Undecided