This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all,

I have just moved to the Canterbury area from Newcastle due to work.

I'm looking to get out riding in the area and see what it has to offer.

Done a fair bit of riding, mainly xc in Scotland and the lakes with a bit of the alps in the summer.

I can only get out at weekends as I don't finish work until 6 unless it's a late night ride.

I look forward to meeting you all on a ride and sampling what the south has to offer

rob
Welcome to Sketchy Rob
Blean is your "local" MTB area and we have a group that rides there on a wednesday night.
I am sure one of them will pick up your post and invite you along but look on the "rides" section for the next one being planned.
Did you go down as far as the North Yorks Moors from Newcastle?
Welcome to SketchyMTB Rob ;D
I'm sure, if you keep an eye on the "Rides" section, you'll see a weekend ride that takes your fancy, soon enough.

Where d'ya work?  Maybe you could squeeze a 18:45 start at Rough Common @ Canterbury.

Or else, just post a ride request yourself.  Normally get at least 1 willing victim volunteer. Wink
hey dude

welcome to the south, I also moved here from the north (south shields and manchester). There are some great trails down here, unfortunately it does usually mean a drive. Blean woods are good if xc is your thing. I have a route that takes in some of the trails in and around canterbury that would give you a taste of local riding.

the best (technical) riding is at surrey hills and swinley forest both about 75mins drive from canterbury.
Bedgebury is ok so long as it hasnt rained for a week.

I could be around for some xc in blean this weekend if you want a guide, let me know.
Hi Rob, there are a few of us on here from Canterbury, as mentioned Blean is a cracking XC blast when ridden at pace, although not the most technical. BBH is good which is about 30 minutes away and Surrey and Bedgebury as already mentioned.

Occasionally we have been known to go out for a beer or two in Canterbury too, so if you want to know about the local nightspots as well as the trails then let us know...

Cheers

Rou
Welcome to Sketchy Rob, good to have you on board mate Smile
Sure you'll find some interesting spots down here, I do the BBH rides as often as poss, and we have a good blast. Fair bit of climbs & drops plus lots of great singletrack.
Had a guy (JellyLegs) up from Canterbury this week who really enjoyed our little circuit ;D

Sure you'll meet a good few of our guys down that way, as suggested just check the Rides seciton & add a dated thread, you're bound to get some new pals!