This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blean in the daytime?
Is it feasible?

I've only ever ridden it at night due to, ahem, path/trail issues but does anyone ride it during the daylight hours and if so, could anyone give me some pointer of rough areas to head for to avoid being bludgened to death by a crowd of binocular swinging birdwatchers?

Cheers

Chris Smile
I find that if, with the carpark on your right, if you keep to the left of the main fireroad you'll have no probs, apart from the occasional lead-less dog.
I've ridden there in daylight for years with no problems apart from the affore mentioned woofers. Wink
Fantastic, thank you  8)

Looking at a gps track of the ground I've covered so far, it does look as if there's a fair chunk to the left that I've not been into, so I'll have a look round there.

Thanks again,

Chris Smile
That the part we tend to stick to at night too.  Some sweet swoopy bits round there.
Awesome, thank you  8)
I've ridden all over in the daytime for years with no problems from walkers whatsoever. In fact i stopped to let an old guy + dog past on Monday and he stopped to chat for about 5 mins. As long as you stop to let people past or just give them loads of room everyone will be happy.
Top stuff, thanks.

I didn't know if people were a bit sensetive with it being nature reserve.

Cheers,

Chris Smile
If you ride to the left you'll hopefully find some of my or Kent-trails built singletrack.You'll need to ride towards the Harbledown footpath area.If your after a ride tomorrow there's one at 2-00pm from the carpark.
Awesome, thanks flintlock, I'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks for the heads-up on the ride, sadly I have family commitments but I'm hoping to sneak out early Sunday morning  Wink

Cheers,

Chris Smile