This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Biking Events of 2010 That YOU Want To Do
Following on the Megavalanche thread....

Anyone got any ideas for, or already entered for any big MTB events in 2010?

Im wanting to plunge myself into one, to get/keep me training - but dont know what what.

Another 24hr?, A Trans"Something"?, D2D? etc.....

Just thinking what I might fancy plunging myself in the deep end into.........

Obviously the more people interested in one even the merrier!

I think I have to attend next years D2D just to keep MrLagging quiet though!...  Tongue
2010 WILL be the year for me biking ... Im looking at getting a new bike early on in the year then riding as much and as many events sa i can !

Definetly want to experience a 24/12
Looking at doing one of the Kona Mash Up's
Second Afan trip ?
Was talking to Genius on Tuesday about when he did the Trans Whales last year, and after hearing what he had to say and what i have read about it already i am quite interested.

Trouble is after going ski-ing and Indonesia later in the year, i'm only gonna have a week and a bit holiday left......
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:2010 WILL be the year for me biking ... Im looking at getting a new bike early on in the year then riding as much and as many events sa i can !

Definetly want to experience a 24/12
Looking at doing one of the Kona Mash Up's
Second Afan trip ?

Wont be an Afan I expect, but Coed-Y-Brenin is a sure for April 2010.

I would like to do a similar event to the 24/12, but not the Bontrage 24/12 - done that one, so would like to try a different 12 or 24hr.

I certainly want to be doing the Summer Sizzlers again - wish to complete all 4 this time.

Trans-Wales was suggested by Ash - but I fear thats out of my league currently, unless a hell of a lot of time is dedicated to training (which I dont have an abundance of yet)

Another is the Isle of Mann End to End - which I watched on TV, looked really good, and I expect within my fitness target for next year (75km MTB race)

Theres loads of events obviously, but I need to be realistic, but hardcore enough to scare me into training for it!  Tongue
I'l aim low and just say that I would like to be riding again in 2010.
If I pull that one off its...
D2D
The Sketchy Trip in April
Looking at doing Trans Wales hopefully with Tinc... going to do some triathlons too...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Looking at doing Trans Wales hopefully with Tinc... going to do some triathlons too...

I was wondering if you remembered that conversation Undecided
I'm still game :B

On top of that the usual will be entered - At least 1 of the 24hrs, D2D maybe solo, Fowlmede XC, CycloX, might even go back to Gorrick next year.
I say maybe solo on the D2D as I really enjoy the challenge of pairs this year, might look to do that again.
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Looking at doing Trans Wales hopefully with Tinc... going to do some triathlons too...
I am fairly serious about doing the Trans Wales if i can get the time off and can afford it, so would be great to do it with you two. Any idea how much it costs and date?
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:I am fairly serious about doing the Trans Wales if i can get the time off and can afford it, so would be great to do it with you two. Any idea how much it costs and date?

No date yet and it maybe in Scotland...   price will be about £500 entry but that will include food and you have to do it solo or pair...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
+1 for the Kona Mashup, i emailed the organisers for dates for 2010 but they dont know yet, they said they may even do Scotland instead of Affan, me and a mate will be doing this one, hopefully make it a cheap trip.

Id be up for a trip towards the end of the year, doing Cody in Feb.