This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted:- Various bike bits
I want to build the Inbred up again and am on the scrounge for lots of bits very cheap (or free Wink) I'm gonna get a headset fitted tomorrow so that i can fit the Pikes, bars and stem, seat post and saddle, old knackered grips and swap the Deore front shifter on my dad's bike for the combined brake/shifter it came with, but that's about all i have at the moment. Oh and i have a front mech.... and a few old cassettes that might work with an old chain if anyone has one.

If anyone has any of the rest cluttering up their garage/shed they want to give away or sell for peanuts let me know.

Mr Lagging- Do i remember you saying you had a Sram rear mech you want to sell?

Nigel- XT Chainset. Do you want to sell it or not?? If so i am stilllllll interested Wink

Oh and if anyone has any wheels, the front needs to be 20mm.
Pair of formula hubs and Alex rims sitting unused, unfortunately both front and rear are QR though.  The rear needs a new freehub but if you want it you can have it for peanuts
"Treehugger" Wrote:I want to build the Inbred up again and am on the scrounge for lots of bits very cheap (or free Wink) I'm gonna get a headset fitted tomorrow so that i can fit the Pikes, bars and stem, seat post and saddle, old knackered grips and swap the Deore front shifter on my dad's bike for the combined brake/shifter it came with, but that's about all i have at the moment. Oh and i have a front mech.... and a few old cassettes that might work with an old chain if anyone has one.

If anyone has any of the rest cluttering up their garage/shed they want to give away or sell for peanuts let me know.

Mr Lagging- Do i remember you saying you had a Sram rear mech you want to sell?

Nigel- XT Chainset. Do you want to sell it or not?? If so i am stilllllll interested Wink

Oh and if anyone has any wheels, the front needs to be 20mm.

Twas a SRAM X9 Front shifter, the older style with the indicator around the band
I have a wheel, Mavic 321 rim on a Cannondale hub.

I've no idea if it's any good though as I've never used it (bought a job lot of assorted bits & bobs a while ago.)

Anyway, £10.00 for it assuming it's Ok if you're interested.

Cheers,

Chris Smile
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Twas a SRAM X9 Front shifter, the older style with the indicator around the band
Oh i thought you said rear mech before. I will prob stick with Shimano, but if not i'll keep yours in mind.

Not sure what i am doing about wheels yet. Definitely need a 20mm front hub and have to be Disc hubs, i don't do V brakes!

Steve- Are your mechanical disc brakes available again now Redwinnie has bought Mr Lagging's Juicy 5's?
"Treehugger" Wrote:Oh i thought you said rear mech before. I will prob stick with Shimano, but if not i'll keep yours in mind.

Not sure what i am doing about wheels yet. Definitely need a 20mm front hub and have to be Disc hubs, i don't do V brakes!

Steve- Are your mechanical disc brakes available again now Redwinnie has bought Mr Lagging's Juicy 5's?

Possibly once ive replaced the pads in my hydros ! although they arent much cop ! Should have the new bike by January so you would be welcome to the tektro auriga's if you are willing to wait a few months !
I would like some dibs on the brakes too as I did originally want them, then didnt, then did,then didnt again.... now I'd like dibs again.

Please add me to the list for those wanting the brakes.  

I need to get my XTC back up and running as a road/morning hack bike - might encourage me to get out in the mornings more with a bike I dont give a sh!t about about with flat pedals so I dont have to get all my "proper" kit out due to me being lazy.
Mr Indecisive above me can have the brakes. I was concidering getting some wheels soon but turns out i can't afford them at the moment. In fact i can't really afford to buy any more bike bits at least until i've paid for my holiday. I'll reserect this thread once i actually have some money again :Smile
"Treehugger" Wrote:Mr Indecisive above me can have the brakes. I was concidering getting some wheels soon but turns out i can't afford them at the moment. In fact i can't really afford to buy any more bike bits at least until i've paid for my holiday. I'll reserect this thread once i actually have some money again :Smile

If still needed in January your welcome to the hydro's !!

Ben next time i ride with you i shall give you the brakes ! (Cant be this week as 1. im not riding and 2. im currently using them Big Grin)
Cool - cheers Steve