This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stolen Bike
Hi, a long time lurker here, wanting to find the time to join you guys.

Unfortunatly it this post is not about going riding, but about my prized retro MTB, the bike I wanted in my youth, which was nicked from West Malling this week.

It's a 98/99 (I think) red Specialized M2 with XTR groupset, white brothers forks and magura rim brakes. Quite distinctive.

I'm hoping that someone may have seen it, as it has much emotional value attached!

Anyhows, I ride a black/white Orange Crush. If you see me on the trails why not offer me a pint to drown my sorrows!

Jack
Really sorry to hear that Sad Quite a few members are up from your area so no doubt they will keep their eyes peeled !

Nice to meet you virtually and all the best getting your bike back
Hi Jack
I live in East Malling so i'll keep my eyes peeled.  Bad luck though. Where exactly was it taken from?
Cheers guys,

It was stolen from my parent's house in Frog Lane, opposite the cascade. I live in Rochester and my tiny flat means I can only have my Regular ride and commuter here.

It was fully insured and I also had another bike stolen at the same time (my very old Marin Nail Trail) but the Speshie is a a bit of a talisman for me!

Jack
Hi Jack - and welcome.

Sorry to hear of the theft - what we would do to them if we caught them ay?  >Sad

Im betting that the scrote that nicked it has no idea of its worth either.

Another tip is to keep an eye on Ebay under bikes near you for sale - sometimes the thieves are stupid enough to list it.

As you are local to the Medway ride(s) - feel free to join us on a wednesday evening around Bluebell Hill (BBH) for some muddy action!
Sorry to hear about the bikes, second hand shops like trade exchange and similar are normally places where people sell stolen bikes (ebay as mentioned is definitely worth looking for), i would take a pic down to the local shops so they can call the old bill if anyone tries to flog it.

Might be worth going down to local skate parks and stuff like that to see if anyone knows anything or is actually riding your bike (IF YOU DO FIND IT MAKE SURE YOU DONT USE LUBE WHEN YOU RAM YOUR SEAT POST UP THEIR ASS !!!)

You could try and give a picture of the bike to the police and ask them to do a media appeal for it in the local papers
Sory to hear about your bike. So we know what it looks like have you got any pics to post?