This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
handlebars
been running easton monkeylites 685mm which have been good.

I got some high rise bars today for my 2nd bike to try and raise the front end, they are 710mm wide and feel loads better, the monkeylites were always a compromise as far as width is concerned so I have now ordered some proper width bars for my orange five, Spank Spike 777, cant wait to fit them, just under 31 inches wide (777mm) reckon they will be awesome!
I reckon there be a nightmare!!!! far to wide for anything other than DH! Mine are 685, id prob go up to 710 max,
As above....they would be a ticket to hospital at most places I ride except the south downs bridleways I guess

PS: Your new ones arent Sunline are they as they have recalled theirs
I agree with Russ, for anything other than pure DH they will be a pain in the ass. I have 739mm Sunline bars which feel spot on for me and can just about get away with them in Blean, but there has been quite a few times where i have had to walk the bike through trees, and i clouted one on wednesday and have a really big bruise on my shoulder to show for it!

Breezer- Which Sunline bars have they recalled?
These ones Andy

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/10/safety-recall-%E2%80%93-sunline-v1-carbon-handlebars-31-8mm-version/">http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/10 ... m-version/</a><!-- m -->
&quot;leadbasher&quot; Wrote:These ones Andy

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/10/safety-recall-%E2%80%93-sunline-v1-carbon-handlebars-31-8mm-version/">http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/10 ... m-version/</a><!-- m -->

Nope his ones are the big chunky heavy alu ones iirc ?
my 685 bars were a compromise and i felt too narrow. I get on well with the 710mm bars that I have tried before, the only problem was they usually have far too much back sweep. Even with 710mm bars i have them setup with my hands actually overhanging the end of the bar.

I much prefer a wider setup but 777 may be a bit extreme, i guess i will find out. They do come fully marked up so I can trim them if required.

I will be running 710 on my xc bike which will be used at places like blean, yep they dont fit through all the trees but I refuse to compromise setup just so i can fit through a bit of basic flat singletrack.
[quote author=]my 685 bars were a compromise and i felt too narrow. I get on well with the 710mm bars that I have tried before, the only problem was they usually have far too much back sweep. Even with 710mm bars i have them setup with my hands actually overhanging the end of the bar.

I much prefer a wider setup but 777 may be a bit extreme, i guess i will find out. They do come fully marked up so I can trim them if required.

I will be running 710 on my xc bike which will be used at places like blean, yep they dont fit through all the trees but I refuse to compromise setup just so i can fit through a bit of basic flat singletrack.

[/quote]Me too Wink  Mine feel perfect and i refuse to revert back to the old ones no matter how many times i have to walk the bike in between trees. I'm building the inbred up for that sort of stuff.