This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackers' TV Experiences ('cause i'm bored)
I'm watching endless TV at the moment, and I tend to favour fictional drama series and the like. So...here is my top 10 series of al time...

10. Homicide Life on the Street (ahead of its time)
9. The West Wing (gripping)
8. ER (easy going)
7. The Sopranos (consistently good)
6. Rome (slick)
5. Band of Brothers (harrowing)
4. Entourage (easy funny viewing)
3. The Shield (adrenaline rush)
2. X-Files (geek perfection)
1. The Wire (perfection)

Anybody care to share their thoughts on these, or recommendations as to further viewing to ease my all too obvious boredom?
Of those I have only watched x files and that was decades ago. As ive had no tv signal for ages I have only watched films or tv series that have somehow ended up on my pc. I have just finished watching all series of Family Guy, before that was the Sarah Connor Chronicles, might go back and rewatch Peep Show now.
"Breezer" Wrote:Of those I have only watched x files

Me too, but then we are the same person so that's to be expected.
"MudMonkey" Wrote:Me too, but then we are the same person so that's to be expected.

Indeed.

I would prescribe Entourage for you (both).
The Wire

Top Drawer

I have modelled my career on McNulty
I did and infact, may still have S1 of that, will take a look. I am capable of watching any trashy american show like that if it is full of nice women. Does this make me shallow? Perhaps but whatever.....

There is a limit though. I only managed 4 seasons of One Tree Hill before I could take no more  Big Grin
I usually end up watching Dave in the evenings, QI usually or Mock the Week.

Im a "light hearted" watcher - so only watch things you can just dip and and out of and take your brain out to watch:

Deadliest Catch
Mythbusters
American Chopper
QI
Mock The Week
Top Gear
Inbetweeners (current fave)
Roadwars

If theres a TV special of a crime/thriller on we usually watch something like that, but otherwise I just put up with what MrsBoy watches (which is mainly awful)

I do have a confession that I have been watching Most Haunted on Living this week - which makes me a woman I think.
As a petrolhead having a fondness for classic american muscle cars I love watching Overhaulin' and Wrecks to Riches (the American original, not to be confused with the not so good UK version)
If your into Si Fi I would recommend Heroes series 1-2 (I think it got a bit lost after that)
"Longjon" Wrote:The Wire

Top Drawer

I have modelled my career on McNulty

McNulty = Legend. Do you try and say "...the f*** did i do?!" at any given moment?
I adore The Wire. I doubt it will be bettered.
I watched Generation Kill (same people who made The Wire) earlier in the week. Its very good too.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:I usually end up watching Dave in the evenings, QI usually or Mock the Week.

Im a "light hearted" watcher - so only watch things you can just dip and and out of and take your brain out to watch:

Deadliest Catch
Mythbusters
American Chopper
QI
Mock The Week
Top Gear
Inbetweeners (current fave)
Roadwars

If theres a TV special of a crime/thriller on we usually watch something like that, but otherwise I just put up with what MrsBoy watches (which is mainly awful)

I do have a confession that I have been watching Most Haunted on Living this week - which makes me a woman I think.

Your safe as long as you dont watch friends.