This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first trail
This is why i started trail building.Totally unrideable,photo taken 3 years ago in a well known location.My trail avoids this mess in trees on left.The other photo shows part of the trail after completetion.Because of my drainage improvements the fireroad has'nt got as bad as the top photo since then.Oh well,at least my trail isn't as boring as this.Culvert needs a bit TLC now,starting to wear away.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
That fireroad looks like a challenge to me heh but good job anyway, could probably do with some stones in the mud to keep it firmer but probably none around so not much you can do. I must get up my local FC woods (30 secs away) to see if they have finished logging so that I can find my trails again!
What i find annoying is that there's tons of reclaim Tarmac dumped all over the place which the "owners" don't use.They drive there forestry vehicles down the double tracks which churns them up and p**ses everyone off.Walkers or bikers.Will try to move some Tarmac to this culvert to give it a stronger surface.Will reinforce sides which timber,theres plenty of cut down timber laying around being left to rot.
Same problems at my local patch. Works vehicles and horses make a serious mess of things. Luckily a network of st seems to be evolving to avoid the worst parts.
The "recreational" 4x4 boys make a total mess of many of the byways up on Holly Hill, even on some of the restricted byways they knock down the width restriction bollards every year and turn some bits into mini tank training areas  Sad
"Abzz" Wrote:The "recreational" 4x4 boys make a total mess of many of the byways up on Holly Hill, even on some of the restricted byways they knock down the width restriction bollards every year and turn some bits into mini tank training areas  Sad

Tossers. Worse than the horsey types!
"Abzz" Wrote:The "recreational" 4x4 boys make a total mess of many of the byways up on Holly Hill, even on some of the restricted byways they knock down the width restriction bollards every year and turn some bits into mini tank training areas  Sad

Yes i have that issue too. I don't mine people getting out and enjoying the area but if you dig it up, please put it back!!!