This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pinion gearbox bikes
Has anyone on this forum own a bike with a pinion gearbox? If so,what are the experiences of ownership?
Ianpinder has one, but don't think he's built it up yet. They are a very good idea, but think they are still a bit heavy, but i believe you still get the same gear range as 2x10 so weight might not be so much of an issue. Would get one myself if i could afford it.
Make mine a German Handjob (http://www.kubis-bikes.com/29er-Pinion/German-HandJob)...
It's almost built. Well it was built then I decided to change the rear brake and the brake I was putting on it the hose wasn't long enough. Though its all but done and I'll have it for when I get back from skiing. You're more then welcome to try it.

resimPinion almost done by ianpindir, on Flickr