This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do people ride the dirt jumps at Blean?
Do peeps get down there on a certain day/time?

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no intention of having a go myself, they're scary to look at let alone ride but I'd be interested in watching the nutcases riders when they're sessioning  8)

Cheers,

Chris Smile
I've never seen anyone on the big jumps, and only seen myself, Treehugger & Pittgoat looking like old-men on the mini jumps. :B Big Grin
This is a common thing, tons of insane dirt jumps near me, never once seen a bmxer on them except the time a friend bought his friend along! I think they just like building heh. Probably too wet to use them now anyway
"impished" Wrote:I've never seen anyone on the big jumps, and only seen myself, Treehugger & Pittgoat looking like old-men on the mini jumps. :B Big Grin

It's surprising how few people you actually see riding stuff like that.  I've only ever seen one person properly jump on the tabletops at Bedgebury and I sat and had a rest by the tabletops on the Energy trail for about 20 minutes and didnt see anyone get any real "air".

Maybe the jumpy types are all indoors reading MBUK.
People jump at Rotherfield all the time but thats about it for local places, Porc they do as well...

resim
I'd call that proper air.

Most I ever managed (prior to my bottle destroying crash in 2008) was about 4" on the small tabletop at Bedge
I defo need to learn to jump properly, I must look like a right twat either rolling jumps or getting 2" air. Anyone want to run a jumping masterclass?!  ;D
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
I think its difficult to learn if you are older and have been riding for ages. Ive got better over the last year or so and treehugger has made big improvements going by his posts as well but some people on here just jump naturally.

I dont mind single ones as long as im on flats but I dont go near doubles. You need to find small single ones and build up, thats the only way unless you have balls of stone and/or are made of rubber.

Being out for ages after a bad crash doesnt help either like me with my collar bone. Likewise for my friend who was only off the bike for a few months but as he contracts and has no sick pay he cant risk snapping anything at the moment, he used to do all the big stuff like these ones I took of him below also at Rotherfield

resim
resim
"Breezer" Wrote:I think its difficult to learn if you are older and have been riding for ages. Ive got better over the last year or so and treehugger has made big improvements going by his posts as well but some people on here just jump naturally

Nice Pix.  

I'd like to build my confidence back up to where I can do a simple drop/jump off something up to about 18" - 2 ft.  That's about where I was at the end of last summer.  Maybe get to the stage where I feel I can jump when on a steep slope too, which I've never had the confidence to do, ever.  Other than that I'm not too fussed.  It'd be cool to be able to do jumps with a bit of style and finess, but not being able to do it won't keep me awake at night.
I think that my confidence is ok, its just the technique that I struggle with and has lead to some crashes. When it comes to drops Ive been ok (I think), riding in Afan helped as I was hurtling down a trail and then confronted with a drop and had no choice but to take it and seemed to get away with it ok. The jumps however I would scrub speed and roll.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon