This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poorly Dirtworker
Boooooooo more water was coming out of the bottom today than the hose!

Ive emailed Dirtworker, lets see how good there customer care is.

Cant find the receipt but they have a 2 year warranty.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Touch wood mines been ok and I use it a lot. Oddly not away from the house though! Cant really fit it in my car so I just leave it in my shed then have it rigged to a spare 12v car battery. Must have used it 20+ times since I last charged it. I do have an outside tap but it must have an internal leak as the wall around it went quite wet when I left it turned on from under the sink before!
How'd that bit get broken?

Don't let 'em freeze!
nah they are fine frozen, mine was solid loads of times earlier in the year due to staying in my shed with water in it, just leave the cap off
Got a reply,any dirtworker purchased from halfords is not warrantied by dirtworker due to halfords buying direct from the distributor.however i can buy the spares from dirtworker at a cost of £20.
"Buzz" Wrote:Got a reply,any dirtworker purchased from halfords is not warrantied by dirtworker due to halfords buying direct from the distributor.however i can buy the spares from dirtworker at a cost of £20.

Shame they dont still have any "under the counter" there.

Buying direct from the distributor? - IE - Dirtworker!?!?!?

Somethings not right there, manufacturers warranty is a manufacturers warranty.
Quote:o briefly explain , Halfords did a deal direct with the manufacturer, Halfords did not buy through us, we can't support any warranty claim from products that we didn't ship - I hope you can appreciate that.  Halfords are very unlikely to be able to support you with spares, but please feel free to try them as you never know and we would feel happier if you at least tried.

Bit from email, ive bought the spares as i need it working as ill soon be living in a flat.
er that makes no sense. Dirtworker say Halfords bought them direct from the manufacturer, which surely is Dirtworker. Presumably what they mean is Halfords bought them direct from the factory place that physically assembles the Dirtworkers before shipping them to the company that trades as Dirtworker who then normally sell them on.

I find it slightly odd that the manufacturing company was even allowed to do that as surely its not their product to sell, they just assemble it for a customer  Undecided

In any case the warranty is with Halfords and therefore 1 year so no need to buy the spares as Halfords are obliged to fix it or offer a refund etc.
Its over a year old and i dont have the receipt......
Sad

Swap for Bens when he's not looking on Sunday?  Wink