This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medication, medication, medication
:'( Ow!  My back is in real pain this time!  i've had a slipped vertebrae for about 2 years (done whilst trying to nail - and failing - a spinning jumping kick!) which I usually cope with quite well......
Now it appear the other side is playing up & according to the osteopath looks like a disc problem.
On a positive note, the GP has given me tho following meds:
diclofenic - major anti-inflammatory
co-codamol - major pain killer from the same source as morphine & heroin - so a nice floaty feeling going on.... :B - highly addictive!
diazepam (valium is a more common name) - from the benzodiazepine family, usually used for mild anxiety, but very effective as a muscle relaxant - suddenly no longer concerned I have back pain!  :B  Also go high addiction potential!
All in all feelin pretty relaxed  :B :B :B, as you'd expect with that concoction of meds, and only awake for about 3-4 hours a day!   still at least the day time telly is becoming a bit of a blur!!!!!!!
If i could only get my leg over (the bike!!!)  :o at least it wouldn't hurt when i fell off!
hey, that's some serious meds. prescribed co-codamol? 36mgs codeine i think, makes me freak hard. actually it's ok but makes me floaty as you said. Try it with a chest infection, you'll trip balls... hope you recover soon...

resim
Keep it foolish...
You have my sympathies. Shortly after my Degenerative Discs were diagnosed i went clubbing in Bristol and decided it was wise to jump up and down a lot. I was drunk!

My back pain increased over the next three days and i ended up in agony and struggled to Maidstone Hospital. They gave me that exact same cocktail and the diazepam is indeed incredible. They gave me six and i have four left...for emergencies!! Luckily my disc settled down and ive not been that bad since.

Im like a stuck record with this i know, but have you had a MRI scan? It is very hard to correctly diagnose back conditions without one, and a misdiagnosis followed by incorrect treatment can be dangerous. I wouldnt trust an osteopath (or a physio etc) anywhere near my spine without a scan having been done first.
Bloody hell Suzz :o Whatever back problems i've had in the past suddenly pail into insignificance! Mine have all been muscle problems and that was bad enough. Hope you get well soon, and don't get addicted to all those drugs!
Save me some for the next enduro event....   Wink
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Must be the weather or something, everyone is having back trouble... those of use who have persistent trouble are having an extra bad time and those who don't normally have it are having it.... strange.
Bless your little cottons Suzz :K)
Glad you've got some decent med's me dear, but what's the osteopath gonna do about the ongoing problem?

Hope you feel better soon, as in not just when doped up to the maxxx !! Wink

ps: will you still be out of it at Crimbo? We've gotta get you playing Pictionary or something Big Grin Big Grin
Strangely enough where I broke my shoulder blade a few years back was extremely painful last night, finally got to sleep about 5:00 this morning. Its the first time its hurt for a couple of years but bugger it gave me trouble last night Sad
Im like a stuck record with this i know, but have you had a MRI scan? It is very hard to correctly diagnose back conditions without one, and a misdiagnosis followed by incorrect treatment can be dangerous. I wouldnt trust an osteopath (or a physio etc) anywhere near my spine without a scan having been done first. [/quote]

I've been referred to spine orthopedics, so will hopefully get an MRI then, but the appt isn't till january!
rest & bloomin boring pilates usually helps!
thanks for the advice tho  Smile
don't get addicted to all those drugs![/quote]

Luckily (?) as I work for a drug addiction charity I know all about the slippery slope of addiction, and could easily get fast tracked into our substitute prescribing detox!!!  ;D ;D ;D