This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey! New local boy :)
Hello,

I'm Ben and i'm 24. Been reading these forums for a while now and finally pulled my finger out to say hello.

I'm from Ramsgate, but tend to be in Canterbury mostly as i study at UKC. A few of us tend to ride Blean when we can (used to be quite regular but recently my studies have interfeared and i've not been motivated enough to juggle everything yet!), and also bedgebury occasionally.

I notice the regular ride at blean on a wednesday, It looks good, although what's the pace like? I'm an average rider who has only really got into this year (including a cycle back from Rheims to Cantebury last summer). At the mo i dont have any lights either so night riding is a no no, but im dying to do it!! so so bad!

Thought i'd through up a pic of the bike, love it to bits Smile

resim

resim

O and here's a pic of my other bike... any green laners about, give me a shout, desperate for some laning buddies...

resim

resim

Or alternatively shoot me down for my non greenness Tongue

Look forward to chatting with you all

Ben
Hiya Ben and welcome to the madness that is sketchy !

The blean ride is a great ride to come along on .... Dont worry about pace as there is usually someone around the same fitness ! Im usually fighting for the spot at the back :B Someone will have a spare set of lights you can borrow im sure !

Lovely looking bike !

Hope to see you out on the trails soon! 8)

Steve
Welcome to SketchyMTB Ben. ;D

I second what Steve said ^^^^    no worries about fitness/experience.... that's kind of what SketchyMTB is all about.  Theres no divas whining that someone can't keep up.  We're all just out to sit on a two-wheeled mechanical device and have a giggle. 8)

See ya soon, hopefully.
Welcome to the Forum

Lovely Orange!

I can highly recommend getting out for one of the Sketchy night rides. Im sure somebody could lend you a light. And we have a forum member who can get you some stunningly good Hope lights for a bargain price too.

Edit - too slow
Thanks for the warm welcome chaps.

As an idea, i think we/I was riding the rough 8mile blean loop you can do in about 60mins in the summer. Tried on saturday and the combination of thick wet leaves and too much gassing made that 95mins!

The hope deal sounds interesting, i was looking at the Vision one but am already drawn to the two, i must stop there!!!!

I'll keep an eye on the rides forum for each wednesday, the next two are looking full as i have a big presentation in a couple of weeks. Don't study Architecture!!!! Tongue

Ben
Hi Ben. Yeah everyone rides at a different pace on the Blean rides. There are usually a couple of us that race each other at the front but we always let the stragglers catch up so you won't get left behind. There is usually more talking than riding anyway Tongue  I have a spare light which is available to whoever needs it so you are welcome to use that if nobody else beats you to it.

Hope to see you on a ride soon.
"BennyP" Wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome chaps.

As an idea, i think we/I was riding the rough 8mile blean loop you can do in about 60mins in the summer. Tried on saturday and the combination of thick wet leaves and too much gassing made that 95mins!

The hope deal sounds interesting, i was looking at the Vision one but am already drawn to the two, i must stop there!!!!

I'll keep an eye on the rides forum for each wednesday, the next two are looking full as i have a big presentation in a couple of weeks. Don't study Architecture!!!! Tongue

Ben

Sounds like you'll keep up easily then ! I found yesterday a right slog up at blean ... but then i was ill, only had 3 gearrs and was running a commuting tyre Big Grin

The Hope 2 is well worth it ! Alot of members on here have one .. I had one but had a deal come up and upgraded to a Vision4 ... MAX POWER  8)

A few of us have started riding tuesday as well as wednesday now .. Im sure i speak for everyone when i say come along and have a laugh ! ... Maybe we will even get some riding in inbetween the random chat  Big Grin
I forgot to mention about Tuesday, and it was my idea :B  Yeah i'll be up there every Tuesday from 6:45 at the usual meeting place, but can prob get there a bit earlier if necessary.
hi Ben, welcome aboard sketchy, see you on a Blean ride sometime soon, I'll be the one moaning about the mud...
Keep it foolish...
"BennyP" Wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome chaps.

Ben

Hi Ben, I'm the one with the Hope deals. Currently the 2's work out at £150 delivered to me but that will go up when the VAT increases in the New Year. I'm not convinced the 1 is an ideal light used on its own, but I'm ready to be corrected if thats not the case. PM me if interested.