This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: Stem (85-90mm) & Chainring
As it's become apparent that the powers that be are going to make it almost impossible for me to find a stem the right size, I thought I would ask you lot.

I'm after a 1.1/8 85-90mm stem with a prefered 6 degree rise. MUST BE A 31.8 clamp

And also a MIDDLE chainring that will fit on race race cranks. It's a new chain so I'm guessing I can't go with something old and abit buggered.

Anyone?
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:As it's become apparent that the powers that be are going to make it almost impossible for me to find a stem the right size, I thought I would ask you lot.

I'm after a 1.1/8 85-90mm stem with a prefered 6 degree rise.

And also a MIDDLE chainring that will fit on race race cranks. It's a new chain so I'm guessing I can't go with something old and abit buggered.

Anyone?
Who is stopping you finding a stem the right size Undecided  As you seem to prefer a more upright riding position i think a 65-70mm would be spot on, considering the Inbred's longer top tube. As for chainrings, any 4 arm with a BCD of 104 will fit, and i have found that Race Face Race rings have lasted the longest so far. I got mine in Scotland and it's still going strong.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Who is stopping you finding a stem the right size Undecided  As you seem to prefer a more upright riding position i think a 65-70mm would be spot on, considering the Inbred's longer top tube. As for chainrings, any 4 arm with a BCD of 104 will fit, and i have found that Race Face Race rings have lasted the longest so far. I got mine in Scotland and it's still going strong.

Well I've tried 3 from CRC, 2 of which have gone out of stock when they come to pick it, then they sent me the wrong one...
I tried Tredz last night and alas... Out of stock by the time they came to pick it...

I could get a very nice one indeed, but I simply refuse to pay over £40 for something so small. At the moment that is £15 more than I have to live on each month.

I have a 75 on atm but I'm a little too cramp so want an 85 preferably.

As for the CR's, I thought they was all a standard size, but the only middle chainring I have (a 'blaze' one) has decided it will not fit, ever.
I would use my current one of the spare chainset, if the bolts werent made of cheese and actually came off!
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:Well I've tried 3 from CRC, 2 of which have gone out of stock when they come to pick it, then they sent me the wrong one...
I tried Tredz last night and alas... Out of stock by the time they came to pick it...

I could get a very nice one indeed, but I simply refuse to pay over £40 for something so small. At the moment that is £15 more than I have to live on each month.

I have a 75 on atm but I'm a little too cramp so want an 85 preferably.

As for the CR's, I thought they was all a standard size, but the only middle chainring I have (a 'blaze' one) has decided it will not fit, ever.
I would use my current one of the spare chainset, if the bolts werent made of cheese and actually came off!
Na chainrings are all different sizes. Standard is 32 tooth but you can get anything from 28-44. If you are going double and bash 36 or 38 would be best, just look for 4 bolt BCD 104. Thats assuming yours is a 4 arm crank? Post up a pic, or link to your cranks.
Yeah mine is a 4 arm crank, raceface ride XC - The old style.

Not going bash either, this is my race/commuter bike... I just want a basic middle ring  :'(
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:Yeah mine is a 4 arm crank, raceface ride XC - The old style.

Not going bash either, this is my race/commuter bike... I just want a basic middle ring  :'(
Just get a 32 tooth Race Face then.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Just get a 32 tooth Race Face then.

For a thin bit of metal, at that price?! Hell no!
But the cheap ones are made of cheese, so you will be spending more money by replacing it every 5 minuets. Middleburn are also good though and i think cheaper.
If you only have £25 a month to live on why dont you sell the specialized or the gt first then use funds from that to find the bits which may finally be in stock by then?
Sell an old HR frame which is wrecked... Not sure that would sell, and neither would the GT I'd imagine.

And that's not every month, just this month, and probably next, and next..

ANYWAY, does anyone have a middle chainring they are not using and/or dont want?