This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern XC series 2010
Dates for the diary.

I only managed 1 last year (Pippingford) but will do more in 2010 - well run & good day out.  

"Provisional dates dependant on final agreement on venues. We don't expect dates to change now we will just have to juggle venues now if anything else changes.

R1 April 11th Crow Hill
R2 May 23rd Pippingford
R3 June 13th Hampshire venue tbc
R4 July11th Bordon tbc
R5 August 22nd Alton

Southern XC Championships (Sat) 11th September at Pippingford as stand alone event, not a round of the series. Support event to National Marathon Championships."
I would like to go to the Pippingford one to challenge for last spot
I loved the pippingford course, fast singletrack, few jumps, short tech climbs & a water splash, fantastic, as far as XC goes cant ask for more.
That does sound good. I like short tech climbs as the suit me more than the long ones. 5-6 second sort of thing is perfect for me  Wink

Now if only it was light and dry at night I could ride more than once a week. Hmm I think i need a race bike for next year, that would encourage me to ride more perhaps or at the very least make me quicker if it was lighter, perhaps I should buy two
Yeh - wait till we see how we get on on the end of jan road ride - i think we will both be glad to see the back of road bikes after that  Smile
lol ive already been plotting my excuses! Im telling you now, if its p1ssing it down when I wake up that day I wont be there, i dont care if I lose the £20, im not spending 5 hours on a road bike in the rain even if it does have mudguards which I think it might as apparently roadies are so um weird for want of a better word, you are not allowed to ride in a group over winter without mudguards!  I need to learn all the roadie hang signals as well, apparently the ones I currently know which revolve around my middle finger and shaking my fist in a not quite fully clenched position are not valid!  Big Grin
Once you get used to it being a roadie is great!!!

How can you argue against all that oh so figure hugging lycra?

:-)
Quite easily! Why ride on a pot holed road for 5 hours when 1 hour off road is far more fun and requires more effort
Cos you can live out your Lance Armsstrong fantasies!!!

Seriousley though I can see the attraction of both.

Road riding certainly takes your fitness up a notch or to.
Road riding in the Alpes which ive done before or similar mountain ranges yes. Road riding around here where there are no hills, no thanks, rather ride for a fifth of the time as mentioned above and have more fun and get fitter