This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So thats how to do it?
Most pointless thread of the year alert, unless you are prone to falling off, (mentioning no names ay Blackers  Wink)

http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/article...mies-24316
What a joke - are they running out of articles or something!..........

What next  - how to drink out of a bottle or how to put gloves on......

??)
Im sorry but i dont think i could even begin to remember to do half of what they say in a crash ... It  all happens so fast im on the floor thinking "WTF!" before i realize ive crashed Big Grin
Thats actually a worth while article, learning how to crash is very important. Back in the old skating days you learnt how to fall and not hurt yourself (as much), so that you could keep on going and push yourself harder.
I laughed at first but on reflection Buzz is right. Was watching The Real A&E earlier where a mountain biker went over the bars landing on first his hands then head and slammed strait onto his back, breaking one wrist and dislocating the other. Every time (with the exception of Afan) i go over the bars i always seem to land on my forearms and tuck my head down and roll onto my back, as against slamming onto the ground. It's happened a few times now and never had any injuries as a result, except Afan of course :Smile
"redwinnie" Wrote:Most pointless thread of the year alert, unless you are prone to falling off, (mentioning no names ay Blackers  Wink)

http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/article...mies-24316

Yeah yeah. I think I should actually be known for my ability to become injured rather than fall off actually. I dont fall off very often. But when I do I seem to snap.

And yes that article on Bikeradar is pointless. Who has time to put a learned plan into practice as they stack their bike? I dont even remember my big crash!
Yeah actually quite good and sensible... but would be hard to remember mid-crash.
There are often other priorities as well like when I was in mid crash at Fowlmead I was 100% busy telling the rider next to me what a **** he was and what I thought about his mother
"Breezer" Wrote:There are often other priorities as well like when I was in mid crash at Fowlmead I was 100% busy telling the rider next to me what a **** he was and what I thought about his mother

Big Grin
"Breezer" Wrote:There are often other priorities as well like when I was in mid crash at Fowlmead I was 100% busy telling the rider next to me what a **** he was and what I thought about his mother
Big Grin Big Grin