This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London Cycle Scheme
As a cyclist in central london i can see this being a big success, im only worried about the idiots that will use them.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/a...all-day.do
Already been similar small schemes like this hasnt it? It could work but they also need to think of things like free training days or something for the less experienced riders.

Its totally different if you go to Holland or Belgium, so many people ride and im pretty sure in both countries bikes even have priority on roundabouts and certain junctions etc. The other big difference compared to over here is you can walk past a shop or whatever and there will be loads of bikes just parked in bike racks and most of them won't be locked up. I wouldnt even leave a £50 sh1tter with out a lock in this country!
Same scheme in Paris which works very well.
hmm do they use Zestys?
We looked at these bikes at the cycle show, they looked far from light. Unfortunatly I can see these being destroyed/abused. And £50 a day!!!

Didn't the ones we look at use the oyster card system?
"BMJBOY" Wrote:We looked at these bikes at the cycle show, they looked far from light. Unfortunatly I can see these being destroyed/abused. And £50 a day!!!

Didn't the ones we look at use the oyster card system?

£50 a day but why would you keep one a whole day, with parking bays all over london you would use one then park it.
Its a great idea and at £45 a year its a damn sight cheaper than the tube!!  Anyone know how widespread the depots are?
We did see these at the bike show. The bloke told me that the whole nike has been designed with uniquie parts so that main parts can not be changed thereofre the bikes wold be useless if stolen. However, I could see the London canals full of them!!